Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping quotations

Shipping quotations

SHIPPING QUOTATIONS

Recently we have upset two customers with shipping problems so I am providing the following guide lines in an effort to avoid future problems.

We had one customer ask for a shipping quote, he neglected to say he had already obtained a quote from our web site so was understandably upset when my salesmen simply referred him back to the web site for a quote. I have told my staff that in future this will not happen.

Secondly a customer obtained a quote on line, he then e-mailed sales to query the quote and was quoted a better rate of $67.50 by Purolator. So far so good, then the customer placed his order on line and checked the box for UPS Standard rate ($143.38). We failed to pick up on the high rate and it was charged to the customer at $143.38 and shipped by UPS, the cost to us was $138.98. If the cost is plus or minus $5 we let it go. I am in the process of contacting this customer so we can refund him the difference in the shipping rates.

I ask the following:

If ordering ammo on line and the shipping quote seems to high please e-mail Sales@wolverinesupplies.com and ask for a second shipping quote. Please state that you already have a quote from the web site and this seems to high. Include your address and postal code as well as the ammo you wish to purchase.

Our sales team will then obtain an alternative quote. We can use one of several different companies and their rates do vary to different parts of the country.

If you then order on line please include in the special instructions that you were quoted X amount from salesman Y, from shipping company Z.

We recently added Can Par to our automated shipping calculator for a cost of several thousand dollars, but the service that some of our customers are reporting is terrible. Due to this waste of money I had delayed adding any more carriers. It seems I have no choice.

I will be taking steps to add Purolator to our automated shipping calculator, despite the high cost (approx $5,000.00) as I believe it will improve our service, this will take a little while, so in the meantime please call for a second quote following the guide lines above.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 12-02-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Spelling:

I really enjoy how much care you take in meeting and exceeding the other gun stores. Can't wait to make a purchase.

Gotta love the care put into the work these guys do! Keep up the good work!
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    IT services ain't cheap. 5K don't buy much. Keep up the good work.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Regular
    Thanks for looking out for us it's really appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Can't fix stupid .... but I appreciate that you take the extra step to help the stupids
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

Wolverine Supplies continues to go above and beyond with their customer care and service, and everything else that they do. One of THE BEST companies I have ever dealt with. Thank you Wolverine Supplies!

Sweet! Canpar is about the only company that will ship ammo up north. Buffalo deals with everything north of Edmonton and seems pretty reliable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    YEEEES! Canpar will ship ammo up north which makes me happy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    I have only had one experience with Wolverine, there were shipping issues, Wolverine took great care of me.

I will order again for sure!

Thanks Wolverine.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast