Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing from Wolverine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tupac View Post
    Hi thank you all for the responses.

I have decided to go mainly with a semi-automatic, but the list of choices is endless haha.

I can stretch to $1,000 but I want to ensure my first firearm is going to last and be a good choice. Any other suggestions? I will definitely be emailing sales@wolverinesupplies.com in a few, just going to see if there are any other suggestions from fellow purchasers.

Looking to get the best semi-automatic firearm available for the budget I have. Looking to hear some more responses!

Cheers!
    With the question being what are you planing on using the rifle for as that would certainly help narrow down the list of suggested rifles for the intended purpose. ( Hunting, informal target, competition and then centerfire or rimfire )
    I've traveled a long way and a lot of the roads were not paved.

Quote Originally Posted by REM3200 View Post
    With the question being what are you planing on using the rifle for as that would certainly help narrow down the list of suggested rifles for the intended purpose. ( Hunting, informal target, competition and then centerfire or rimfire )
    Ah, right. Sorry about that, I see I did not mention that..

I am going to be using the firearms mainly for hunting, and some competition. Mainly hunting though.

Cz858 non-restricted, always a crowd pleaser and would be my #1 choice. or perhaps a keltec su-16.
    What exactly are you looking to hunt, will also help determine what calibre is most appropriate.
    There are lots of options! Even look into a Russian SVT-40, they're a good gun too
    Other honorable mentions: norinco/dominion arms M14's, CSA rifles, SKS

Wolverine is a great place to purchase from. I ordered some surplus ammo over the phone. Very nice guy I spoke with and quick delivery. Two thumbs up!!!
    You can't fix stupid.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupac View Post
    Hi thank you all for the responses.

I have decided to go mainly with a semi-automatic, but the list of choices is endless haha.

I can stretch to $1,000 but I want to ensure my first firearm is going to last and be a good choice. Any other suggestions? I will definitely be emailing sales@wolverinesupplies.com in a few, just going to see if there are any other suggestions from fellow purchasers.

Looking to get the best semi-automatic firearm available for the budget I have. Looking to hear some more responses!

Cheers!
    If this is to be your very FIRST firearm I would highly suggest you go to a bolt action. A semi auto for a first time owner is an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. Wait till you are very comfortable with fireamrs before going to a semi( again just my 2 cents).

You are still being very vague on what you will be hunting (small game or large game), i would suggest finding an experienced owner who would be willing to meet with you and mentor you to familiarize yourself with different firearms to ensure you get the rifle that best suits you/your needs.

When you do decide to purchase something, you can't go wrong with Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck525 View Post
    If this is to be your very FIRST firearm I would highly suggest you go to a bolt action. A semi auto for a first time owner is an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. Wait till you are very comfortable with fireamrs before going to a semi( again just my 2 cents).
    Really? C'mon....

ANY firearm is an accident waiting to happen if the proper care isn't taken. The action shouldn't become the measure of safety. Most accidents can be traced back to a failure which occured between the ears.

To the OP...

You'll quickly realize that "swiss-army" rifles are hard to find. This will be your first firearm purchase, definitely not your last. If you're a new shooter it's generally advised that you buy a firearm in a calibre that's cheap to shoot. Why? Because you'll need to shoot a lot to become proficient.

First time, seriously consider the cost of running it. Thats why I started with an sks. Inexpensive to buy and inexpensive to shoot. Then I went to a mosin and svt, still inexpensive to shoot.

I would also suggest a 22lr. Even if you buy another gun at the same time, 22s can be super cheap to buy and you can put thousands of rounds down range for a trivial cost.

For hunting purposes you really need to know what you want to hunt, and consider the hunting regulations. You dont want to buy something then find out you cant hunt what you want with it, or that the ammo you buy cant be used for hunting

CGN Regular
    Bear in mind that some of the semi-auto rifles suggested are restricted and you can only use them on an authorised range.
    I would suggest an SKS, will last forever and mountains of cheap 7.62x39 ammo available. Good short range deer cartridge.
    The bores are chrome plated so you can use corrosive ammo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast