Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr L9 and the worst sights I've ever 'seen'

Steyr L9 and the worst sights I've ever 'seen'

Are you the distributors of Steyr pistols in Canada?

If not then apologies, wrong distributor.

If you are, I need support in finding LPA match sights for my pistol. The L9 comes with the worst excuse for 3 dot sights I've ever used. The 2 rear sights are white dot and the front is dark red! Useless in low light or aiming from 20yrs on a black circle. I am looking for a set of adjustable LPA match sights for my Steyr L9 pistol. I am told by Oliver Bauer at Steyr Austria that the LPA sights have a part number of 3900040680 although I cannot find them anywhere. Also, I am told that sights for the M9 will fit the L9. Neither LPA nor a French company I emailed are responding.

Can you help me in finding replacement sights?

Thanks
    UT INCEPIT FIDELIS SIC PERMANET / Loyal She Began, Loyal She Remains

I'm not sure the distributor has anything to do with this kind of thing. Try the actual shop that sold you the handgun.

The shop that sold him the gun only stocks what is distributed from the distributors.

At least others will know what to expect when they shell out hard earned $ for this gun. Expect crap sights. And YES the distributor is responsible as they are the ones who import the thing! After attempts on my OWN to contact Steyr direct and conversations with two individuals at Steyr even, I'm still in awe at how poor their service is.

Quote Originally Posted by m900mwk View Post
    At least others will know what to expect when they shell out hard earned $ for this gun. Expect crap sights. And YES the distributor is responsible as they are the ones who import the thing! After attempts on my OWN to contact Steyr direct and conversations with two individuals at Steyr even, I'm still in awe at how poor their service is.
    The distributor handles warranty issues, not taste issues. Try the shop first.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maurice's Avatar
    i was told that whatever fits the m9 for sights fits the l9. i actually drilled out the front sight (that red dot is crap,..soft rubber), and replaced it with gold paint,....ever so slowly.,,,it was a pita to do. i have a fs ad in the exchange that shows pics. i liked the gun, but want to get a railed tanfoglio .40
    HOT DOGS GIVE ME ENERGY, SO I CAN FIGHT OFF MY DEMONS

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m900mwk View Post
    I've been waiting well over a year for a barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Try The Shooting Edge in Calgary; last time I checked they were the distributor for LPA sights in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by F22_RaptoR View Post
    Try The Shooting Edge in Calgary; last time I checked they were the distributor for LPA sights in Canada.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try them.

BANNED
    Liquid paper?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast