Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New SAM Commander Tactical

CGN frequent flyer
    I like!

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for the photos, Silverballer. This helps. I went ahead and bought the commander tactical this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBaller View Post
    I have the Military, but the sights are the same. Here's some pics.

In terms of performance, I had 4" groupings at 20yrds and loved the sights. It doesn't agree well with Norinco .45acp, it jammed 3 times in the span of 25rounds, Remington and Winchester worked just fine. A great buy as my first 1911, I didn't even spend more than $550.

CGN frequent flyer
    The SAM 1911 GI Commander Tactical has a 4.75" barrel - most commanders that I have read about has a 4.25" barrel.

This question is towards the GI Commander Tactical owners, does the 4.75" barrel have the same recoil as the full size government model that has a 5" barrel. I figure .25" difference is negligible?
    Last edited by roadcarver; 10-02-2014 at 12:33 AM.

I just received my Sam 1911 Tactical this week. This is a great shooting pistol! Very nice feel and solidly put together. No rattling at all during my unscientific shake testing. slide and frame fit is very nice and smooth. No grittiness at all. I put 200 handloaded 230 gr FMJ rounds through it. The only issues I had was related to feeding issues with aftermarket e-lander mags. The feed lips had a slight burr on the 4 samples I had and combined with the spring pressure was slowing the feed down to the point that it caused feeding issues with the top 2-3 rounds. I've deburrred them and will try them out again this week. I tried a 10-round Tripp research cobra mag and that worked perfectly. I also had no issues with the included SAM mag. The mag is nice and glossy and fed without fail. I did notice that the barrel thread cap tended to loosen up on me during my session. Something to keep an eye on. Overall, very satisfied customer. Only problem I have now is trying to find a OWB holster for it.

Anyone care to share what they're using for holsters without going to a generic one-size adjustable one?

RK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I am on the fence on this gun for a project.

Can someone please confirm the barrel thread either with measuring tools or an accessory with a known thread. Above, wolverine states the barrel has a .575" x 28 thread. But that seems to be an oddball while .578" x 28 and .575" x 40 are common.

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    This would be nice as a 9mm.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I am on the fence on this gun for a project.

Can someone please confirm the barrel thread either with measuring tools or an accessory with a known thread. Above, wolverine states the barrel has a .575" x 28 thread. But that seems to be an oddball while .578" x 28 and .575" x 40 are common.

Thanks!

Well I guess they aren't wrong lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    Thank you Advan!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    The close ups of the polished stainless have me thinking of stoning the flats on my omega to a smooth brushed look then cold bluing them. I wonder how that'd work... I could strip the frame and do the flats on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Advan View Post

Well I guess they aren't wrong lol.
    This^^ is why I love CGN Guys who do this for each other and all the helpful info elsewhere I can overlook all the crap posts and political ####e. Kudos Sir, kudos.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except Infantry, Infantry will kill you.