Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Find Ontario Crown Land to Shoot On

Also g407 is the plot I intend to use off of two island lake road do you know anything about this area?

Yes, one of the lakes without the gray border (I admit the gray borders around Crutch and Burn lakes are a bit unusal - it is a uniform width and doesn't look like a collection of plots, so I am not sure what that is supposed to mean - but I think you need to avoid the shoreline areas there to be safe). (By the way, I had to look at the same area in google maps to get the lake names).

So it looks like you could use Bucky Pond or Eleanor Lake, or - farther up - Hardwood Lake (CLUPA map doesn't show the road going that far, but it does on google maps).

If you don't want a small lake, you could go farther in on that road and jump up north to Hardwood Lake which is bigger than the above three lakes I just mentioned. (This one is near the end of the road per google maps, http://goo.gl/wFzp2e.)

if you want to have some fun...lake ontario is crown land and you can shoot as much as you want on there. however...unless you go out 3-5 miles I wouldn't do it.

Thanks a lot you been a lot of help. I'll look more into those lakes with the boarder around them and let you know what it means.

tagged

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Tagged, Thank you for the resource.

CGN Regular
    subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by strathglass View Post
    It just doesn't cover southern Ontario yet, but is supposed to some day! The CLUPA web site says on the following on the main page:
    So, how would one find out where Crown Land is in Southern Ontario then?

I'm a noobie to the sport, and I'm just trying to find out more information about this.

tagged

hi
    thank you very strathglass!

I really appreciate your topic! That was amazing!
    I am a new gun owner and was looking to find crown lands for target shooting. Been few time to the gov site but didn't know how to use it. You helped me a lot with this thread!

Thank you very much!