Thread: BCL Bison Questions

BCL Bison Questions

Hi guys, I am a new Firearm owner and I have to say I have loved going to the range and learn a new hobby. I am looking to order BCL Bison in 7.62x39 and I have a few questions:

1. I have heard they have upgraded the bolt to fix ejection issues and the barrel to improve to 1 MOA. Does anyone know if this is with the 12.5” and the 16.5”? I’ve heard they also will send you parts to perform the upgrades after the fact, does anyone know if this is true.

2. Any recommendation on Mags that work well?

3. I guess just general impressions. Do the owners of these rifles like them? I’ve found some reviews but I’d like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The Black creek 20 round mags work great.

Regular AR15 mags fit loose and rattle and make noise.

Mine didn't have ejection issues of soft strike issues, however to be proactive I requested and got for free an extra firing pin, firing pin spring, firing pin shim, bolt cap

Accuracy to 100 yards was hitting an apple, good enough for me , using the cheapest 55gr FMJ I could find.

Sold it and got a Ruger Ranch, sold that and now have a model 7 Rem.

The Rem. 7 is a keeper.

So the 20 round mag works with 7.62?

On the 12.5" Bison I have, they did send me the spring upgrade for light primer strikes when I requested it. They also send me a new slide release button which came in handy as the original one broke while shooting one day. After installing the new one, the bolt seem to slide alot easier than before. They also send me a new bolt which I'll just hang onto in the event I need it.

I was having some feed issues with AR mags so I ordered two of the 20 round BCL proprietor mags which work better and are nicer to use because of the increased capacity.

Biggest thing I notice about it is the noise. With the short barrel and compensator, it is quite loud.
    "If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed." - Mark Twain

CSSA & CCFR Member

Thanks for all the info. What Calibre is yours chambered in?

Quote Originally Posted by jrparadis View Post
    Thanks for all the info. What Calibre is yours chambered in?
    5.56mm
    "If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed." - Mark Twain

CSSA & CCFR Member