Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How our Team Canada logo came to be......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

How our Team Canada logo came to be......

This is the story of how our Team Canada logo came to be.......

It was almost a year into business as One Shot Tactical Supply, and in early 2006 there were three of us, Gerry (now my Government sales rep.), "W" and myself in my Gerrys basement hanging out, drinking, talking gear etc.

While we were discussing what gear to bring in we touched on Crye Precision. I had contacted them about bringing in their gear and they weren't taking dealers at that time. Gerry had also tried to order one of their Major League Doorkicker patches, but again, at that time they weren't shipping to Canada, not even the patch.

So that began the discussion on having a patch for our guys to wear over seas. Both Gerry and "W" were deployed twice to Afghanistan after this.

So after some more drinking and some photoshopping the Team Canada logo was born.

Some of the items that had the logo applied to them included stickers, shirts, patches, hats and lic. plates. The stickers, patches and hats all continue to have runs done however the shirts were a small run and only 6 of the lic. plates were made. All of the ones we made featured a black and red flag, except for the lic. plates which were solid colors.

The hats and patches have probably been the most popular.

We've seen a number of different people and groups over the years use the logo, some with our permission, most without. One company was very close to being sued over it but stopped making them after finally getting advice from their lawyer. It did require some follow up letters from our one law firm and it seems they haven't started again so far.

We know of one person who has the logo as a tatoo, and a number of guys use it as their avatar on multiple forums including this one.

Going forward there will be more swag made with the logo.

I've heard a number of great stories about guys and their hats, some a simple as they were given away, traded to allied forces, blown up, thrown onto the ice at a hockey game etc.

Gerry (our Government sale rep) had one situation where they were taking a break overseas when rounds and mortar fire started to rain down on them. At this time Gerry was still wearing his Team Canada ballcap and started to return fire. He did realize shortly after this that he was still wearing his ballcap and not his helmet and made the switch.

Lieutenant-General Peter Devlin and his US security team also all had Team Canada hats (with the #####'N EH on the side ) while he was in Iraq.

I'm sure a few others can chime in with some great stories as well. :D

The stickers have also ended up in lots of places.

Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paulinski's Avatar
    Coo
    I had the sticker on my Golf but it faded to ####s..

Make more durable ones I'd like to rock one on my Jetta ...
    CSSA and CCFR Member...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Updating this......

Why the ####'n EH is on the side:

Well because we made the hats for guys who were going overseas to face shoot bad guys, drop JDAMs on them, turn them into pink mist with 25mm chain guns and general kick ass the Canadian way.

Since it was Team Canada instead of Team America with "#### yeah!", we used that and changed it to EH.

Now if you don't like the hat, I could care less, I'm not changing it so a few guys can wear it to a family picnic.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Updating this......

Well because we made the hats for guys who were going overseas to face shoot bad guys, drop JDAMs on them, turn them into pink mist with 25mm chain guns and general kick ass the Canadian way.

Since it was Team Canada instead of Team America with "#### yeah!", we used that and changed it to EH.

Now if you don't like the hat, I could care less, I'm not changing it so a few guys can wear it to a family picnic.
    F%$kin eh!!!!
    well said......
    Hell was full, so I came back.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    F\_/cken eh!

Updating this......

Awesome logo guys! Totally Canadian. We should all be proud of everything about this hat including the logo, the origin explained above, and the VERY Canadian saying on the side. But we should be especially proud of the people behind this piece of artwork and all CF members who would wear it while in harms way protecting Canada! Good times!
    Don't worry, be happy. (an M14 can do that!)

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Fkn eh , I love it. Vulgar language is part of my daily vocabulary. Not the best and most professional but ... Meh ... I'm working on it
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    One of my friends just used a thread picker and pulled the Fu@kn'eh embroidery so he can wear it G rated locations. No big deal!

I on the other hand, rock mine full-bore! My days where I could go to the sandbox are well behind me, but I think it looks pretty bada$$ rocking it at the range!

Thanks for sharing the story and doing a great job supporting those who lay it on the line to look after us!

Reminds me to order more gear from you. Well put!
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
    “Big Brother is watching you.” - George Orwell

So do not go anywhere where it might offend someone ... OR GO ANYWAY and let "them" get used to it . Schoolyard monitor / crossing guard might be a stretch though !!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast