Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals: Mosin Nagant M38 Carbines, M91/30 Rifles and a Special TEC 5 Pack !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedubya View Post
    Does that mean you take the trigger group assembly apart. I usually dont go that far, should I?
    Remove the stock, inspect for cracks, rust or whatever.
    Put it back together, enjoy.

CGN Regular
    Just received my M38 via Canada Post. First let me commend TradeEX on the exterior packaging. It was double boxed and taped. No cereal box shipping container with the muzzle hanging out and bolt in bits. Other dealers should take note (looking your way BC dealers).

On quick inspection: the rifle itself is a 1943 Izhevsk refurb with a M38 war time stock. It is numbers matching and the bluing is very good. I like the old hammer and sickle marking. The barrel is not counter bored and the crown and bore look to be good as well. (haven't cleaned it yet) The stock is in pretty good shape but there are some scraps and minor dents from getting bounced around over the years. The finish is quite good though as there is no flaking etc. The rifle came with the usual oil can and tool kit in oiled waxed paper but no sling.

As I had never seen/handled an M38 or M44 before, I was anxious to see how this rifle would handle. In brief, I love it. It is compact and shoulders easily and even the trigger felt decent. I have torn biceps and the carbine length allows me to support the rifle better. I believe it would make a good bush hunting rifle.

So far I'm very happy with my purchase and the price was right. Truth be told, in a weak moment I ordered another M38 from Frontier's first batch (hey it was my birthday!), so I'm anxious to see what that one turns out to be. The new year is going to loud

CGN Regular
    Thanx for the info mine is in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    broke down and ordered the 5 pack, good bye all my $$$$$$$
    I almost did, but wifey would pretty much torch my collection, so I opted not to! I have bought a ton this year already. Glad everyone is happy with purchases from Trade Ex. Anthony is top notch in my opinion!

Any M1938's left?

Looks like there is 6 left at SFRC for $299 each..

Finally gave into temptation and bought the 5 pack. Can't wait!

Big thanks to TradeEx! I received my 1943 M38, great condition, perfect bore, in an M44 stock but that is fine with me. Very excited to go shoot it!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms" - Thomas Jefferson
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin
    Proud Member of the the CPC

[QUOTE=gunaddict99;9473227]Just received my M38 via Canada Post. First let me commend TradeEX on the exterior packaging. It was double boxed and taped. No cereal box shipping container with the muzzle hanging out and bolt in bits. Other dealers should take note (looking your way BC dealers).

On quick inspection: the rifle itself is a 1943 Izhevsk refurb with a M38 war time stock. It is numbers matching and the bluing is very good. I like the old hammer and sickle marking. The barrel is not counter bored and the crown and bore look to be good as well. (haven't cleaned it yet) The stock is in pretty good shape but there are some scraps and minor dents from getting bounced around over the years. The finish is quite good though as there is no flaking etc. The rifle came with the usual oil can and tool kit in oiled waxed paper but no sling.

I think I received the exact same gun. Can't wait to go shoot it after a thorough cleaning and inspection.

CGN Regular
    Another positive review for TradeEX here, rifle was excellently packaged, in great condition and even arrived early!! I'll be shopping there again for sure.