Thread: Winchester .17 Win Super Mag Ammo Is Here!

Winchester .17 Win Super Mag Ammo Is Here!

14 December 2013

Ellwood Epps has received a sizable shipment of the new .17 Win Super Mag rimfire ammunition from Winchester. This cartridge is a 20-grain, polymer-tipped bullet designed for use with small game and varmints. With a velocity of 3,000 feet per second at the muzzle, and 2,504 fps at 100 yards, this bullet is claimed to be "the fastest rimfire in the world", with "2-1/2 times the down range energy of a .17 HMR"!

This is the ammunition everyone will be looking for when the new Savage B-MAG rifles reach store shelves in early 2014!

(No, we don't have a price or delivery timeframe for the rifles themselves, just yet.)

You can bet there will be a shortage of ammunition once these guns hit the market, so get some now while it's available!

Retail pricing on this ammunition (cat #S17W20) is $18.99 + taxes per box of 50 rounds.

Contact our store by telephone, by E-mail, or by stopping in the next time you're in the area. Our staff will be happy to help you with this or any other purchase you might wish to make for the holiday season!

Merry Christmas!
    Due to the current health situation, our store is closed to walk-in traffic. We are allowing pick-ups of pre-paid orders from our front door from 10.00 AM until 4.00 PM from Tuesdays through Sundays only.

Customers are advised to call ahead before attending our store to make certain their orders are ready for pick up.

Please ring the doorbell located there to summon our staff to assist you when you do arrive at our store.

why must you do things like this! not have them yet.
    Nothin' like the smell of varget in the morning

Member of ESSA

CGN Regular
    Epps now shows the Savage BMag on their website, $337.85

At 18.99 + tax per 50 it will probably follow the same path as the vaunted 5mm Rem. Mag, lol.

More expensive than 9mm ammo. I don't see this cartridge lasting at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    Been waiting for pricing and availability on this rifle. At that price for ammo I'm going to stick with reloading 22-250. I could maybe understand the cost if it was centerfire but $20 for a box of rimfire?! Okay sure, 50 rounds, but c'mon.....really? Wonder what the next 'flavour of the month will be'. I'll pass.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.