$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Linear Comp on a Bolt Action Rifle?

  1. #1
    CGN Regular HeavyTread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    302

    Linear Comp on a Bolt Action Rifle?

    Hey guys. Maybe a dumb question here.

    Can your AR linear compensator be used on any .223/5.56 rifle with compatible threading (1/2" x 28 TPI)? I want to put one on my Savage Precision Carbine.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Revolted
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Trenton
    Posts
    1,110
    Sure can. We've installed a few on Remington 700 .223.

  3. #3
    CGN Regular HeavyTread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    302
    Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

    One more dumb question: is installation something I can do, or do I need to a gunsmith to install it?

  4. #4
    CGN Regular kinggeorge168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    837
    The End..............

  5. #5
    CGN Regular HeavyTread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyTread View Post
    One more dumb question: is installation something I can do, or do I need to a gunsmith to install it?
    To be clear, I'm not talking about threading the barrel. My rifle already has the required 1/2" x 28 TPI threading from the factory. I'm just curious if installation on a pre-threaded barrel requires anything other than screwing on the compensator with appropriate torque.

  6. #6
    CGN Regular Paladin308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Man Cave
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyTread View Post
    To be clear, I'm not talking about threading the barrel. My rifle already has the required 1/2" x 28 TPI threading from the factory. I'm just curious if installation on a pre-threaded barrel requires anything other than screwing on the compensator with appropriate torque.
    No need for a gunsmith install, though you might want to get an action block or barrel clamp to hold your firearm steady while installing. Depending on the design of the comp you may need shims/crush washer to align the comp properly.
    "A Libertarian society of unfettered individualism spreads its benefits to virtually everyone not just those who have the resources to seize political power." Harry Browne
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

  7. #7
    CGN Regular HeavyTread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin308 View Post
    No need for a gunsmith install, though you might want to get an action block or barrel clamp to hold your firearm steady while installing. Depending on the design of the comp you may need shims/crush washer to align the comp properly.
    OK, thanks. I'm going to order one of these right now.

  8. #8
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    673
    Hey speaking of which...what about a ruger 22/45 lite? IT has the right threading and the barrel is 1 inch around...aren't these comps? They look pretty sharp

  9. #9
    Revolted
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Trenton
    Posts
    1,110
    I think it would look pretty sweet on a 22/45!! The primary function is to force blast down range, but with the weight and compensation it offers I think it would work really well on that gun.

  10. #10
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    673
    Hmm...might have to consider that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
collapse blockhead options_correctBookmarks