Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: holster policy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
    I dont see where it says it was unloaded, :S
    If it was loaded and he thought you were heading for the door, I can see him being more reactive,

Also, having someone banging on the glass doesn't help...lol
    Gun was unloaded and I didn't even make a step towards the door. I just turned around in the same spot.

Buying a share for sharon sounds better every time I go shooting.

You may want to direct this to JR at the shooting edge, he will let you know if its a policy issue or a staff issue.
    As an RO I can tell you, i,ve seen things I would never and I mean never think someone at a range would do, so poss a chance that the RO, was a little jumpy.
    Did you try and discus this with the RO or the manager on duty?
    Having been to TS many time, they have a large volume of shooters and everything from new to tac team leaders to reg shooters.
    Sounds like your a member, so im sure you have seen some stupid sh** on the range.
    bbb

BANNED
    If the firearm had already been shown to be clear to the RO and holstered, I am not sure what his concern would be , even if he did have a legitmate concern , it is very unprofessional to be yelling at someone on a range as this creates a distraction in itself.....sounds like the RO was having a bad day and wanted to share the pain...or was upset with your friend because he was creating a distraction by banging on the glass and took it out on you....

I'd be interested in the "other half" of the story... sounds inocent enough,,, however experience tells me different.... Most people don't yell for no reason.... At least not for long anyways....
    Range Safety vs Hero,,, tough line to determine sometimes...
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

Unfortunately this type of situation is becoming all too common. I won't pass judgement on this specific incident, as I don't know all the facts, but there are a lot of people out there with similar attitudes destroying our sport/hobby.

As long as the pistol was holstered, unloaded, had the firing pin removed, slide disassembled, 13 triggers locks, and a northeasterly exposure was maintained then I don't see a problem with it!?

Who needs CFO's and negative press when there are people in our own community willing to create unwanted fear and unrealistic demands.

Safety is paramount but paranoia and fear...not so much.

Have had the similar issues with a range in Edmonton named after a city in Arizona. Complete range nazis! Can understand if there is a safety issue but losing their mind in front of everybody is totally uncalled for. If the club allows your firearm to be holstered then it really should not be an issue. Obvious power trip! There are ways to do the job professionally while still maintaining range safety.

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    Unfortunately this type of situation is becoming all too common. I won't pass judgement on this specific incident, as I don't know all the facts, but there are a lot of people out there with similar attitudes destroying our sport/hobby.

As long as the pistol was holstered, unloaded, had the firing pin removed, slide disassembled, 13 triggers locks, and a northeasterly exposure was maintained then I don't see a problem with it!?

Who needs CFO's and negative press when there are people in our own community willing to create unwanted fear and unrealistic demands.

Safety is paramount but paranoia and fear...not so much.
    Well said!...
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

Couple of Range Nazies at The Shooting Edge in Calgary,,, but I think they are good guys and the attitude comes from the owner... I get handed a pistol that I want to use from their counter,,, don't want to point it at the guy who gave it to me,,, so pointed it at a direction where nobody was,,, "Hey...In a safe direction!!!"... from another range officer....I was pissed...
    Since they had range damage from people using steel core ammo,, now I have to pay!... Hardly get through the door and I got a guy yelling at me asking if I got steel core!,,... then the inspections are pissin me off.... How many times I gotta say "no"... anyways I respect their concern,,, but their approach is kindergarden ,,, I'll be going somewhere else next year!...
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

CGN Regular
    I shoot at TSE and their policy is the only place a holstered gun can have a mag in it is the firing line. That being said, you can still draw and fire, or as some call it, practice. If you are going to leave the line, there must be no magazine in the gun. And obviously no round in the pipe.

Sounds to me like an overzealous RO, but is that really a bad thing? I would have waited for the rant to end and pointed out the unloaded condition. If it was, ask for an apology.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry135 View Post
    I'll be going somewhere else next year!...
    Good luck with that. I hope you like driving.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast