Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: holster policy.

Holster approved , unloaded , no mag , In Ontario you can walk around the Range , You cannot leave the building , or area , as in walking back to the parking lot .
    Your Club may have it's own rule however . As a member you should be made aware of the rules whatever they are . If you break the rule you should be corrected .
    Being yelled at is another issue . Flipping out on someone is even worse . Unless this is a private range , and this guy owns the place , take it to the management and have this guy put in his place .
    And whoever made the comment about being our own worst enemies in this sport is dead on target . Between the Feds, the CFO's and the Anti's we really do not need many more "officials" making rules and discouraging new shooters with their attitudes .

Bigdyno do you mean driving the whole five minutes down the road from the shooting edge to the shooting centre? Where they have better customer service and treat you with respect? Yeah that's a big undertaking...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR600 View Post
    I am using this thread to ask about your holster policy.

As someone who carries for work, I would think I would know how to carry a firearm safely. And I also have my ipsc black badge.

I was at your range the other day shooting. I turned around with my pistol secure in my holster because my friend just showed up to the range and was banging the glass to get my attention and one of your range officers lost there mind.

He started yelling at me because I turned around with my pistol in my holster.

He said holster can only be allowed when in facing down range. Even if I am in my firing line and I want to turn around I must unholster my gun.

This sounds dumb because when ever I go to other ranges you can walk around the shooting area when ever we wanted. Unless it was ceasefire.

Is this a policy? Or did I encounter a range nazi.

You guys should tell your seal team six to take a chill pill. No need to yell at me in front of my guest.

Makes me wonder if I should renew my membership.

Sorry for any grammatical errors. I am on my phone.
    I dunno what the RO was thinking.
    I shoot IPSC and use a holster every day when I am shooting at Target.
    The gun is securely in my holster as I walk a back from the firing line and go back to reload my mags.
    Never got any grief from anyone, doing this for a couple of years now.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMachine View Post
    Maybe its good they closed their membership. We really need a new club and range near T.O.

Definitely. I have no issues with Target (The Grange, actually is the club name).
    But Toronto needs more places for handgun owners to enjoy their firearms.
    And Target needs some competition.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Dear CBR600,

If you could provide me with more particulars such as a date and time, our cameras will tell the tale. Your membership number would also help so that I can see whom I am looking for.

My senior range officer has already inquired and to continue our investigation we really need to narrow down the window as I feel confident that upon inspection there may be more to this story than fully presented here, or other parties involved such as Grange Range Officers which do not report to me as the club itself in Ontario is self contained.

No one likes range nazis and there is no place for them in either of my facilities.

Once I have more information, we will get to the bottom of this. If it is my staff, then additional "training" will be forthcoming asap. We don't hide from our mistakes.

I look forward to your PM.

Sincerely,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by CBR600 View Post

Buying a share for sharon sounds better every time I go shooting.
    I have had no issues being holstered at Target (except from the walk in customers who look at you as if your breaking the law) but did have other issues with a certain manager who was not very "IPSC friendly" there so became a member at Sharon 2 years ago and never looked back.
    Although that being said ,I am still a member at Target because it's damn cold in the winter as Sharon is only an outdoor range.
    Last edited by scooter24; 12-16-2013 at 09:09 AM.

CGN Regular Rock Out w/ Ur Glock Out's Avatar
    Need more options for handgun and rifle! Target is not a rifle range by any means.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skypilot's Avatar
    Shot and trained a bunch on the firing line and we pretty much ran a hot line all the time. You loaded, fired, unloaded, cleared and holstered before turning around AND exiting the "box." This was with a "group of LE" all drawing/firing/etc. on command. Not an individual.

If a semi auto handgun is unloaded with mag out, cleared and holstered, there is no issue with turning around as a individual shooter, only if there is a group of shooters loading, and firing together on command and an instructor is calling the shots. Because he wants to be able to police the line by walking behind and observing that all handguns are decocked cleared, mag out, holstered and secured.

Regardless, as long as the gun is unloaded, cleared, mag out, holstered and secured BEFORE exiting the "red box"@ the firing line, where's the problem.

ETA..........It appears help is on the way, I see JR's post.
    Last edited by skypilot; 12-16-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: posting while JR was
    God grant me the serenity to accept the groups I cannot shoot, the ability to dope the wind, and the wisdom to hide the bad targets

I agree that we need more ranges in and around the GTA. I would like to see one on evey corner. Unfortunately we are probably headed for a reign of Fiberal tyranny in the GTA thanks to Rob Ford's personal habits. Once the Fiberals are done with us, we will be lucky if Target and the few other handgun clubs are still standing in the GTA.
    CSSA / NFA

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Dear CBR600,

If you could provide me with more particulars such as a date and time, our cameras will tell the tale. Your membership number would also help so that I can see whom I am looking for.

My senior range officer has already inquired and to continue our investigation we really need to narrow down the window as I feel confident that upon inspection there may be more to this story than fully presented here, or other parties involved such as Grange Range Officers which do not report to me as the club itself in Ontario is self contained.

No one likes range nazis and there is no place for them in either of my facilities.

Once I have more information, we will get to the bottom of this. If it is my staff, then additional "training" will be forthcoming asap. We don't hide from our mistakes.

I look forward to your PM.

Sincerely,

JR
    You guys have Grange and Target Sports RO's. How do well tell the difference between them?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast