Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: holster policy.

holster policy.

I am using this thread to ask about your holster policy.

As someone who carries for work, I would think I would know how to carry a firearm safely. And I also have my ipsc black badge.

I was at your range the other day shooting. I turned around with my pistol secure in my holster because my friend just showed up to the range and was banging the glass to get my attention and one of your range officers lost there mind.

He started yelling at me because I turned around with my pistol in my holster.

He said holster can only be allowed when in facing down range. Even if I am in my firing line and I want to turn around I must unholster my gun.

This sounds dumb because when ever I go to other ranges you can walk around the shooting area when ever we wanted. Unless it was ceasefire.

Is this a policy? Or did I encounter a range nazi.

You guys should tell your seal team six to take a chill pill. No need to yell at me in front of my guest.

Makes me wonder if I should renew my membership.

Sorry for any grammatical errors. I am on my phone.
    Last edited by CBR600; 12-15-2013 at 07:44 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    So it's somehow safer to have the gun in your hand when you turn around? Seems legit.

I dunno man.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR600 View Post

He said holster can only be allowed when in facing down range. Even if I am in my firing line and I want to turn around I must unholster my gun.
    It does sound dumb (in ranges that allow holsters)
    but how did he think one could unholster and turn around 180 degrees
    (to see who's banging on the glass)? I assume range rules do not permit
    him to unholster and put the loaded gun down on the bench (facing down-range).
    To do so, he would have to remove ammo and prove it before putting it
    down open. Or he would have to be a gymnast to unholster, keep the gun
    pointing down-range (behind his back) while turning to give his back to down-range.

I don't care if you do hand stands with a holstered gun as long as it's not loaded. The range officer was out of line.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

A ipsc event would likely send the RO in to a melt down.. Assuming the gun is unloaded, the holster is the safest spot for a gun to be

Maybe its good they closed their membership. We really need a new club and range near T.O.

Range officer or not I can't see verbally abusing people with guns being a good idea... What is the old adage "an armed society is a polite society" The only "yelling" should be to announce a cease fire on the range. After that If he wants to carry on with a private conversation letting you know that you are breaking the rules that is fair ball... Is it a Range or a kindergarten school... Must suck not having enough range options in Ontario...

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo22 View Post
    Range officer or not I can't see verbally abusing people with guns being a good idea... What is the old adage "an armed society is a polite society" The only "yelling" should be to announce a cease fire on the range. After that If he wants to carry on with a private conversation letting you know that you are breaking the rules that is fair ball... Is it a Range or a kindergarten school... Must suck not having enough range options in Ontario...
    I agree with Magoo22. We had the most ignorant a-holes in our club and we finally got fed up and got rid of them. First thing we do is tell newbies that they are grown ups and will be treated as such. Now we go to the range and have some laughs and some fun. You can actually do those things and be safe about it. Some people are just so anal.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

I shoot at Target sports and i was informed that (if holster certified) you may have the firearm UNLOADED in the holster while in the range. This includes behind the firing line. Of course the firearm must be holstered / drawn / uncased and recased only at the bench / stall facing downrange.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR600 View Post
    I am using this thread to ask about your holster policy.

As someone who carries for work, in would think I would know how to carry a firearm safely. And I also have my ipsc black badge.

I was at your range the other day shooting. I turned around with my pistol secure in my holster because my friend just showed up to the range and was banging the glass to get my attention and one of your range officers lost there mind.

He started yelling at me because I turned around with my pistol in my holster.

This sounds dumb because when ever I go to other ranges you can walk around the shooting area when ever we wanted. Unless it was ceasefire.

Is this a policy? Or did I encounter a range nazi.

You guys should tell your seal team six to take a chill pill. No need to yell at me in front of my guest.

Makes me wonder if I should renew my membership.

Sorry for any grammatical errors. I am on my phone.

I dont see where it says it was unloaded, :S
    If it was loaded and he thought you were heading for the door, I can see him being more reactive,

Also, having someone banging on the glass doesn't help...lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast