Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Water filtration on a whole new level!!

Hi

I bought a Grayl bottle a little while ago, I wanted to have a filtration system to be use as a extra water supply so I don t have to shorten an activity such as hunting or quadding because I'm running out of water ( you think your going for a couple hours and then you want to keep going and going.......) or for survival if I get lost or any other emergency.

I started to try it with river water and melted snow this spring to see how it perform, I can't say anything about filtration of patogen or viruses, but it give you a nice clear water without any smell. it taste like good bottled water .

Then comes the real test, I was going on a quad trip in the rockies with a few friends, a ride of about a day. So that day, I didn't bring any water with me just the Grayl bottle.
    As most of the ride was in a river bed, I had a good source or fairly clean water. I was realy happy with the fact that I didn't have to carry any water container, and the Grayl bottle did a great job.

the only downside I can see with this filtration system is the fact that it's also made for the house or the office, I found it a little fancy !!! I was a bit worried about dropping it and make a dent in the outside cup. I have the bottle in my hand right now and just notice that the plastic bottom of my cup is falling off......

So now I'm looking forward to rely on the Grayl bottle for a 2 days river hunting trip this fall. I will try to find some sort of container to put the bottle in for protection and will see how it goes !!!!

I think Grayl need to come with a more outdoor or "tactical " version of the bottle , because this system is REALY fast and conveniant to me!

And thanks to One shot tactical for an easy and fast sevice.

Seb

Seb
    I live in a country where we cast votes with a pencil !!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Sweet. If I have 10000 bateria in my cup, it gives 90% chance of filtering all of them.

What if I have a million bacteria?
    Wow.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    We have one in the house, one in the truck, one in the camping gear...... :D
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

This is very convenient! I like it as it has multiple appliations.

Quote Originally Posted by elwoodpdowd View Post
    Just checked your site, the filters are showing out of stock. Any timeframe as to when there will be more?
    Just placed an order for a couple G3-purifiers..... Been spreading the word about this filtration system, I know that a couple of my co-workers are planning on ordering the Grayl.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Such an awesome piece of kit.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Hey Seb,

Thanks for the comments, glad your GRAYL came in handy!

Sorry about the plastic bottom of your stainless cup coming off. Our first couple of batches had weak bottoms, an error we fixed. We stand behind our stuff 100%, so if you want a new outer cup, we'll send you up one right away.

I wouldn't be concerned about denting the side of the bottle. It has 0.7mm of 18/8 stainless steel. I put a small dent in one of my cups, but have yet to dent one so badly that it couldn't be used. A group of army soldiers did crush one with an MRAP anti-landmine vehicle... pretty good video they sent.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments.

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by pzkw108 View Post
    Hi

I bought a Grayl bottle a little while ago, I wanted to have a filtration system to be use as a extra water supply so I don t have to shorten an activity such as hunting or quadding because I'm running out of water ( you think your going for a couple hours and then you want to keep going and going.......) or for survival if I get lost or any other emergency.

I started to try it with river water and melted snow this spring to see how it perform, I can't say anything about filtration of patogen or viruses, but it give you a nice clear water without any smell. it taste like good bottled water .

Then comes the real test, I was going on a quad trip in the rockies with a few friends, a ride of about a day. So that day, I didn't bring any water with me just the Grayl bottle.
    As most of the ride was in a river bed, I had a good source or fairly clean water. I was realy happy with the fact that I didn't have to carry any water container, and the Grayl bottle did a great job.

the only downside I can see with this filtration system is the fact that it's also made for the house or the office, I found it a little fancy !!! I was a bit worried about dropping it and make a dent in the outside cup. I have the bottle in my hand right now and just notice that the plastic bottom of my cup is falling off......

So now I'm looking forward to rely on the Grayl bottle for a 2 days river hunting trip this fall. I will try to find some sort of container to put the bottle in for protection and will see how it goes !!!!

I think Grayl need to come with a more outdoor or "tactical " version of the bottle , because this system is REALY fast and conveniant to me!

And thanks to One shot tactical for an easy and fast sevice.

Seb

Seb

I appreciate the help spreading the news, elwood!

Quote Originally Posted by elwoodpdowd View Post
    Just placed an order for a couple G3-purifiers..... Been spreading the word about this filtration system, I know that a couple of my co-workers are planning on ordering the Grayl.

Me and my buddy were out stopped at a stream and we used his Grayl. Nearly pooped my brains out that night. He was the same thing. Tried it again, same spot just to see if it was it 3 weeks later, same result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is there any more of these in stock i cant find it on your site