Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Water filtration on a whole new level!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Ah, gee wiz Farmboy...I was just at your store on Thursday and all the cool AR's had my attention and I forgot to buy one of these...aaarghhhh.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by elwoodpdowd View Post
    I have had the Grayl for over a month and am quite pleased with it's form and design. I will be travelling for training and the source of water from the local supply can be iffy. At times it can be brown and smelly, ergo the grayl comes into play. I don't doubt for a minute the data info that Grayl or Farmboy are presenting. Face it in our litigieous society that we're in would these claims be made without supporting information?

I'm not an engineer, biologist or any formally trained scientist (infact I've never stayed at an Holiday Inn Express) and will not debate the pros or cons on the grayl's efficacy. It's a good product and appears to have decent peer reviews from other sources and that's good enough for me.

Farmboy, thanks for the prompt service and I do like my Grayl.
    Thanks for that feedback, elwoodpdowd!

I'll repeat it, email (my address is the only one on the website - www.thegrayl.com ) and I'll be happy to share my test results for pathogens and chemicals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Thanks Travis!
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Water filtration on a whole new level!!

The only issue I have is that I dropped my grayl and the end cap broke free. Looks like I might have epoxy it back on. Other than This it still works, just frustrating.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

Quote Originally Posted by elwoodpdowd View Post
    The only issue I have is that I dropped my grayl and the end cap broke free. Looks like I might have epoxy it back on. Other than This it still works, just frustrating.
    Hey elwoodpdowd,

Sorry about your end cap.

We stand behind our stuff 100%. Message me privately with your mailing address and I'll send you a new outer cup.

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman1 View Post
    I copied this product to a outdoor/survivalist website. This may sell a few quick and get more user ratings. I look forward to reading some reviews.

GM1
    Hey Glockman,

Here are some of our favorite reviews.

Living Overland did a thorough, no-nonsense review
    Snarky Nomad has a travel-oriented review
    Rare Earth did a nice review.

Water filtration on a whole new level!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisGRAYL View Post
    Hey elwoodpdowd,

Sorry about your end cap.

We stand behind our stuff 100%. Message me privately with your mailing address and I'll send you a new outer cup.

Travis
    PM sent, thank you for your assistance.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

Thank you for posting the reviews Travis. It leaves me with only three questions......1) Once the filter is used once, is there a life span or unlimited? 2) Is the filter damaged if it freezes (no water in the cup but may be damp)? and 3) Is there a use counter or an easy way to determine when the filter is exhausted?

Thanks

GM1

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman1 View Post
    Thank you for posting the reviews Travis. It leaves me with only three questions......1) Once the filter is used once, is there a life span or unlimited? 2) Is the filter damaged if it freezes (no water in the cup but may be damp)? and 3) Is there a use counter or an easy way to determine when the filter is exhausted?

Thanks

GM1
    Hey Glockman1,

1. The filter is good for 300 uses, 150L, 40Gal
    2. We have yet to run freeze thaw cycle test on our cartridge (it's in our short-to-medium term testing plan). But the filter media has been tested independently and is not damaged by freeze/thaw.
    3. We're working on that. Stay tuned.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisGRAYL View Post
    Hey Glockman1,

1. The filter is good for 300 uses, 150L, 40Gal
    2. We have yet to run freeze thaw cycle test on our cartridge (it's in our short-to-medium term testing plan). But the filter media has been tested independently and is not damaged by freeze/thaw.
    3. We're working on that. Stay tuned.
    I'm in the market for a water filter. I'm finding this thread very interesting, thanks for all the back and forth links and stuff. I may just pick one of these up.