Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Water filtration on a whole new level!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Should have some more pics and video up soon :D

Also Gerry, our Gov. Sales Rep is currently using one in Mexico.
    After reading each and every post, I will be ordering one for use in Mexico. Can I assume the standard G3+ filter will be acceptable or should I use the G3+ purifier just for extra caution?

I will add we will be using whatever water that comes from a tap and that tap will not be at a 'all inclusive' resort.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

I would suggest using the Purifier. The practical difference between the Filter and the Purifier is that Filter is not rated to remove virus from water. The big virus to worry about is Hepatitis A, which can be transmitted through drinking water.

Luckily for us in North America, viruses are not endemic outside of America's desert SW. Unfortunately, Hepatitis A is common in Mexico and many other countries. Here's a map of countries at risk for HepA outbreak from the World Health Organization.

For the highest level of safety, I would strongly suggest using the purifier while in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    After reading each and every post, I will be ordering one for use in Mexico. Can I assume the standard G3+ filter will be acceptable or should I use the G3+ purifier just for extra caution?

I will add we will be using whatever water that comes from a tap and that tap will not be at a 'all inclusive' resort.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisGRAYL View Post
    I would suggest using the Purifier. The practical difference between the Filter and the Purifier is that Filter is not rated to remove virus from water. The big virus to worry about is Hepatitis A, which can be transmitted through drinking water.

Luckily for us in North America, viruses are not endemic outside of America's desert SW. Unfortunately, Hepatitis A is common in Mexico and many other countries. Here's a map of countries at risk for HepA outbreak from the World Health Organization.

For the highest level of safety, I would strongly suggest using the purifier while in Mexico.
    Thank you for the response.

Also this: countries at risk for HepA outbreak
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

CGN Regular
    When do you expect more of the purifier filters to be back in stock?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Should have more later this week.

Just did a two day kayak trip on the Rideau Canal this weekend and the Grayl came in extremely handy. A few of us ran out of water so water had to be filtered as we were travelling.

Last edited by Farmboy; 09-29-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Another large shipment just arrived. Website inventory being updated now.

What did my friend Harold say about the Grayl after this weekend trip.......

Thank God you had that. I probably would have been dehydrated if not for using that Saturday afternoon.

Quick question. What is the shelf life of the Greyl cup? If it were to be put in storage does the filter/purifier degrade?

Thanks.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Even if being very careless, cross contamination would be really hard to achieve.
    We'll agree to disagree on this one.

You know I love your business Darren. I'll just buy something else from you guys!
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
    “Big Brother is watching you.” - George Orwell

Well I ordered a grayl last week and just now some purifiers. I'm eager to test it out! Is there any type of water it wouldn't be ok with? Other than sea water of course.