Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Water filtration on a whole new level!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on my filter there, Farmboy.
    I've never looked at my filters. I just used them right off the bat. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with how they should look or work etc.

Aks me about gear or slings and I could talk for hours
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Well then perhaps TravisGRAYL can sprinkle some of his knowledge on my situation when he gets a chance.

Hey Peter,

The vital pathogen removal will be intact for 5 years. Over those five years, you will lose some activated carbon activity (flavor and odor won't be removed as well). But we stand behind the filters for 5 years.

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by psquay View Post
    Quick question. What is the shelf life of the Greyl cup? If it were to be put in storage does the filter/purifier degrade?

Thanks.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Well I ordered a grayl last week and just now some purifiers. I'm eager to test it out! Is there any type of water it wouldn't be ok with? Other than sea water of course.
    Hey mobusten,

No filter removes everything, and that's no exception with GRAYL. GRAYL isn't very effective against fluoride, for instance. And it is much more effective against the heavy metals lead, arsenic and chromium than mercury. And I have no evidence that GRAYL is effective against radioactive elements (though we are researching a filter that might be).

But in the wilds of Canada, you're most worried about bacteria and protozoa - and GRAYL has you covered for that, for sure! Step up to the purifier and we protect you against virus as well.

Thanks!

Thanks for the pix, Mobusten. Your filter is not defective.

We try to keep the pleats uniform for cosmetic reasons, but there is no 'weak spot' in this filter. That's because the pressure of water is equal everywhere on the filter. This is a basic principle of hydrology. Think about a hydraulic lift on a tractor or fork lift. They pressurize the pump, the pressure goes up a long tube, then pushes on the cylinder on the other end of the tractor. Every part of the hydraulic system has exactly the same pressure.

The same goes for our cup/filter. There is identical pressure on the metal tube as the plastic part as the filter. And every part of the filter has the exact same pressure - no matter how it's folded.

I hope that makes sense (I don't often bring tractors into my filter explanations!)

Good question!

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    Sure thing. I'll show two angles for comparison.

Yours doesn't look like this StoneHorse?

Thanks again Travis!

Hey guys,

Here's a new video from Michigan based Living Survival. He gives a pretty solid review. Enjoy,

Travis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h23...gyMC6Qhbg2ibtw

Thanks for the answers Travis! Much appreciated. I've got another question now. Do the purifiers have a shelf life before their package is opened?

Great video.

I couldn't resist

I saw this as somebody's avatar on another forum. Thought you guys would enjoy.