Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Prairie Gun Traders Great Story!!!! You gotta read this!

BANNED

Prairie Gun Traders Great Story!!!! You gotta read this!

I just finished ordering a new Marlin 795 from PGT, and in doing so had the pleasure of chatting with Darren and discussing my business with them over the last couple years. The topic came up because I specifically mentioned that they were my go to gun store, even though I live half way across the country. I have purchased several guns this year and I believe all of them have come from PGT, and that is where this horror story starts.

First thing you have to understand is that I don't mind asking a dealer to match a price of a competitor, and PGT is usually more than willing to play the game. They have always treated me like they actually value my business, and this is not easy to find these days especially with gun shops!

So the Horror that I am referring to is not what you think. The horror is that somehow I am the most unlucky customer that these guys have, and they probably have lost money in all the effort they have put forth to keep me happy, and there is no way to extend my gratitude than to pass on the word that PGT is simply the best outfit out there IMHO.

Horror Story 1 - Stevens 350: A cheap chinese gun that I can't imagine they make a whole lot of money off of. Arrived to me with a cracked stock, and PGT sent me a brand new one, prior to me even shipping the broken one back, and they even reimbursed me for the shipping. Turns out in talkng with Darren he never was reimbursed for the broken one, but nevertheless he was glad I was happy, and we both learned a lesson with that gun.

Horror Story 2 - CZ 452: Arrived to me with a big chunk of the box gouged out, and of course had a huge gouge in the stock. Once again a call to Darren had the gun on it's way back to them, and a new 455 on it's way to me after I offered to pay the difference and for shipping, as I felt terrible for accepting the package. I should have refused it, but didn't want to open the box in the PO to check it over and was too excited to turn it away. Turns out Darren had to sell it at a loss because CP would not offer any insurance as I had accepted the package not denied it.

Horror Story 3 - Savage 10 PC: Nothing wrong with the rifle but the mag would not feed. Rounds were not being stripped by the bolt, and a call to Darren had a new mag in the mail the next day. He was pretty sure that would fix the issue, and sure enough it did. I am not even sure what these mags cost, and then add shipping on top of that and again I imagine Darren lost on this one.

So if you haven't figured it out already the horror in all this is me! I have to be the worst customer he has ever dealt with, and he continues to offer price matching and tell me that he wants to keep me as a customer. The title only serves to attract some attention as people are far more likely to open this thread with such a title, as sad as that is.

Anyways I just can't say enough good things about these guys. Prices and inventory are always great, and they will bend over backwards to make sure everything is right. Shipping has always been next day, or same day if possible, and I swear I get packages from them quicker than stuff coming from in my own province.

Darren if you are reading this, I can't thank you enough for doing what you do.

The local shops are usually out to lunch in either pricing or customer service to the point I refuse to buy guns from them.

I will continue to call PGT every time, even if it's not in stock, or even a little more $$$ for shipping, I know it's worth it!
    Last edited by Prairie Gun Traders; 12-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    They say it comes in threes.
    Sounds like it's profit time for them.
    Or have you decided to quit buying?
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?

CGN Regular
    These guys sound as stand up as they come...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jackrabbit000's Avatar
    Good to know. Now off to their website to see what they have in stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer titch--'s Avatar
    Sorry for all your bad luck schleprock. :P

Also awesome that they are so close to me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    reminds me to one days if i had to do business with you to be careful before shipping ^^

by the name of your thread was thinking more about some bashing like they pop out sometime ...
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN frequent flyer kinggeorge168's Avatar
    Is that what happened went cheap people buying cheap guns?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kamlooky View Post
    They say it comes in threes.
    Sounds like it's profit time for them.
    Or have you decided to quit buying?
    Never gonna stop!!!

Even when money is tight, as it is now, if I can swing it, I will buy it from them!

Figure I have to start buying more to make up for the losses they have taken.

New job, and the wife finishing school soon, means there may be a bright future ahead, and PGT will be sure to get all my money when it comes to guns.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggeorge168 View Post
    That is what happened went cheap people buying cheap guns?
    I wasn't aware that $500 CZ 452's, and $800 Savage 10's were cheap guns?

And calling me cheap is hilarious. My wife would definitely disagree.

Sorry for doing responsible things like saving for a house, a new car, and the possibility of a child in the near future, all while getting my wife through a masters in Biology, and just graduating from University myself.

At first I was going to report your post but then the rest of the members here wouldn't get to see the kind of person you are for posting such a ridiculous statement, that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

Thank you for showing us who you are.

CGN frequent flyer
    My experience with them has been positive as well.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast