Thread: Armalite M15 5/10 magazine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar

Armalite M15 5/10 magazine

Hello, i would order a few of these, but would like to know something first.
    They look about the same size as the original Colts 5/20 magazines, are they?
    They look much taller than lar15 mags, i find it funny that their original capacity would be listed at 10.

Some states have a mag cap for 10 rounds. Some manufacturers produce magazines to accommodate them.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyK2500 View Post
    Hello, i would order a few of these, but would like to know something first.
    They look about the same size as the original Colts 5/20 magazines, are they?
    They look much taller than lar15 mags, i find it funny that their original capacity would be listed at 10.
    These are a few odd mags that were shipped to us in error. They started as a 20 rd body size blocked to 10 rds which then have to be pinned to 5 rds to meet our Canadian regulations. These are very strong steel mags.

They we're shipped to you in error, and i will releive a few of them from you
    Thanks for the reply

On a side note, how does the US limit their mags?
    A block underneat the follower like the SKS? 2 rivets? I will buy them anyways as they will fit the bill for a classic build, just wondering

EDIT: How many of these did you have? I was going to order 8 and was only 2 available. Lesson learned if you had many, next product query will be through private email!
    Last edited by MartyK2500; 12-18-2013 at 07:21 PM.

They we're shipped to you in error, and i will releive a few of them from you
    Thanks for the reply

On a side note, how does the US limit their mags?
    A block underneat the follower like the SKS? Now have 2 rivets? I will buy them anyways as they will fit the bill for a classic build, just wondering
    The side of the mag body is crimped stopping the rds at 10 although the follower can keep going. Then they were riveted to stop the follower at five.

Perfect, can't wait to get them in my armalite NM, my ar will look as if it's straight out of the 80's!

I have received these 7 days earlier than shipping notification, i am not complaining btw!

I had ordered 2 like these and 3 5/30 pmags
    Man they are heavier than the pmags loaded to 5, they really feel as if i could run over them with a truck, impressive!
    I will examine further, but have not seen any rivets, they ''seem'' crimped up and to 5 rounds.
    Anyways they will be my benchrest mags, as the long 5/30s often get in the way, plus they are armalite brand which now fully matches the rifle.

I have received these 7 days earlier than shipping notification, i am not complaining btw!

I had ordered 2 like these and 3 5/30 pmags
    Man they are heavier than the pmags loaded to 5, they really feel as if i could run over them with a truck, impressive!
    I will examine further, but have not seen any rivets, they ''seem'' crimped up and to 5 rounds.
    Anyways they will be my benchrest mags, as the long 5/30s often get in the way, plus they are armalite brand which now fully matches the rifle.
    We have seen these mags start life as 5/20 and 10/20 although they have to be 5/20 for us.