Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my ATRS Brake Indexed Properly?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar

Is my ATRS Brake Indexed Properly?

So after months of drooling I finally picked up a Rem 700 AAC 16.5" in .308 off of the EE. I happily paid a little extra on account of it having a fancy ATRS .308 brake already on the end of it.

Pretty much spent all night last night tinkering with scope mounts and bases, trying to get something low and functional, so my only picture right now was taken via potato.

But, I notice my ATRS brake is installed slightly canted. Is this an intentional thing, or should I be straightening it? I'm not sure if this is Rick's installation (which I would trust 100%) or the previous owners installation (which I mostly trust)

See what I mean? If not, better photos to come this evening!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    It DOES appear to not be indexed perfectly. In the wrench slot you will see a "T" for top. Tighten the flash hider until the slot is level with the world, OR bring it by and we will index it correctly. I can virtually assure you it was NOT installed here, we would not have let that out not properly indexed.
    As it is, it is still 100% effective for flash elimination, but you are losing a bit in muzzle jump control.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Very curious to try it out. Looks like a slick little brake. I'll give it some love tonight and see if I can get everything lined up level.

Thanks for the quick reply eh?

I would be very interested to hear how this performs on your 700.
    Rosco
    Proud Member of the CSSA and NFA

BANNED
    Do A small review. Im looking for a new brake for my Savage 10

You guys have to understand something here. Our LFE (Lightweight Flash Eliminator) was engineered to be a FLASH HIDER for the AR15/AR10 carbines.
    Its intended use is for flash elimination and it does an excellent job of this. We added a small amount of anti climb capacity with the geometry of the tines hence the indexing requirement for optimal performance. It was NEVER intended to reduce recoil like a muzzle brake does, for that our AR10 brake is superb, but it is useless at flash elimination.

Just so we are all on the same page.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

. . . and I have an LFE on the end of my barrel?

Good to know!

Actually could be damned handy now that my clip-on NVD can be imported again.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    You guys have to understand something here. Our LFE (Lightweight Flash Eliminator) was engineered to be a FLASH HIDER for the AR15/AR10 carbines.
    Its intended use is for flash elimination and it does an excellent job of this. We added a small amount of anti climb capacity with the geometry of the tines hence the indexing requirement for optimal performance. It was NEVER intended to reduce recoil like a muzzle brake does, for that our AR10 brake is superb, but it is useless at flash elimination.

Just so we are all on the same page.
    Guys I SCREWED UP!!
    I did not look close enough at the photo, my apologies! THAT is our AR10 brake, so do not expect any flash suppression, DO expect it to be very loud as it is a brake, also expect significant recoil reduction.:D

The timing part is correct however, the top wrench slot should be level with the top of the scope rail on the rifle. The ATRS engraving indicates the top of the brake.

Whew! Not going to lie, I bought it expecting a brake.

She's on there pretty good! I'll have to come by the shop sometime in the new year and get her straightened out. Thanks for the clarification!

How loud are we talking, Rick? Is everyone at the range going to hate me if I install one of these on my R700?
    Rosco
    Proud Member of the CSSA and NFA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast