Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Received wrong caliber

WDWDBI (What did we do before the internet)
    Picked up a phone or faxed them.

Despite what some people think - this is a gun forum (Not to be mistaken for a Twitter account).
    We don't care to know every thought, feeling, or "empowerment", someone gets by thinking the first thing they have to do is post it for the world to see......

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What kind of SICK!!!! people enjoy seeing John get excited????

Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    i don't get what the big deal is about the form of contact, it's marstars forum, and he's just leaving them a message. granted he's not leaving any personal info which would get the issue fixed, but marstar could see it and pm him etc... maybe he's at work and can't use a phone... we're in the day of age where this is more common. is it better? in my opinion yes, because then there's a record of everything that happened from start to finish where as for the most part you don't have that on a phone.
    If John is like me (an older guy), we spend our days dealing with everyday business issues, and he probably has others deal with the nuts and bolts of his online and sales business. He probably goes on the internet when he gets a spare moment, or perhaps on his time away from the 'office', only to find 3 pages of whining, slandering, John haters, and other associated keyboard diarrhea splashed onto his forum.

Because you may think it is a good idea for John, or one of his employees to be sitting on a computer all day waiting for someone to post a ##### on a forum he doesn't own, it is not a very efficient use of resources, and it just doesn't fit into the business model.

Frankly, I would probably have a much sharper tongue than John regarding the way some people expect for him to deal with things in a public forum without any real way to determine who he is dealing with.

Unfortunately, we are now in the era of instant gratification, where those who cannot co-ordinate Mr. Brains and Mr. Mouth now have an additional avenue to show the world that they should exercise restraint before they type their thoughts on a keyboard.

Personally, I would rather not conduct business in an open forum. There are too many short fuses out there that will misconstrue anything at the drop of a hat.

And to all of the keyboard warriors out there...your tone would definitely change if you were to deal with things face to face...mano o mano, with the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Or even better...pistols at dawn.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 12-23-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Another sarcastic response.

John, the bottom line is that your attitude has cost you at least four new customers. Myself and the other three people I work with, did the course with and four people that have a desire to purchase firearms. We think your responses are inappropriate and therefore will chose not to do business with Marstar. The solution to the issue is simple; try apologizing! Then redirect one of your 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 mail box requests directly to Dake21 via PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer unstableryan's Avatar
    Hey cold blue man.. Cry me a river. I like John more now. He's human.

The OP should have called them first, the problem would have been solved.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 12-23-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlueMan View Post
    Another sarcastic response.

John, the bottom line is that your attitude has cost you at least four new customers. Myself and the other three people I work with, did the course with and four people that have a desire to purchase firearms. We think your responses are inappropriate and therefore will chose not to do business with Marstar. The solution to the issue is simple; try apologizing! Then redirect one of your 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 mail box requests directly to Dake21 via PM.
    I love real people. The bull#### where the customer is always right is a load of ####. I don't think that your 4 people are going to make/break his business. Im sure he has gained more customers with his real and honest reply back. Any reasonable person can see he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    RAGE STATION;
    OK lets make this simple, I will gladly post the solution here as soon as I receive the customer's name and / or order number....

Damn I wish my new battery for the crystal ball would get here.... Five pages about an issue that could have been resolved by either one phone call or a message WITH information provided.
    John
    OP stated in his post that he sent an email; most likely containing all PRIVATE information that should remain PRIVATE. Everyone and their owl's are worried about who is watching them on these boards, some even donning the tin foil protective caps in case of government probes etc etc. Posting said information publicly is just bad practice, because the government is the least of your worries when people are putting their "shopping lists" together. Which of course is why you asked him to get a hold of you privately via phone/email ((which again, he stated he has)).

And in that five pages of nothing, you blasted the guy that actually gave you a positive response, as RichMyster was not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyad Pitchaya View Post
    If John is like me (an older guy), we spend our days dealing with everyday business issues, and he probably has others deal with the nuts and bolts of his online and sales business. He probably goes on the internet when he gets a spare moment, or perhaps on his time away from the 'office', only to find 3 pages of whining, slandering, John haters, and other associated keyboard diarrhea splashed onto his forum.

Because you may think it is a good idea for John, or one of his employees to be sitting on a computer all day waiting for someone to post a ##### on a forum he doesn't own, it is not a very efficient use of resources, and it just doesn't fit into the business model.

Frankly, I would probably have a much sharper tongue than John regarding the way some people expect for him to deal with things in a public forum without any real way to determine who he is dealing with.

Unfortunately, we are now in the era of instant gratification, where those who cannot co-ordinate Mr. Brains and Mr. Mouth now have an additional avenue to show the world that they should exercise restraint before they type their thoughts on a keyboard.

Personally, I would rather not conduct business in an open forum. There are too many short fuses out there that will misconstrue anything at the drop of a hat.

And to all of the keyboard warriors out there...your tone would definitely change if you were to deal with things face to face...mano o mano, with the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Or even better...pistols at dawn.
    Becareful, this reads as a very borderline threat. Your tone would change if the Police came knocking to challenge that statement.

You also have to realize that the OP didn't just reach out to Marstar here as point of contact; he reached out to other consumers. On his second post after some users told him the best thing to do was either email or call directly he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dake21 View Post
    Well I did send them an email but am I the only person who had this kind of mistake.
    Granted people may have understood it better as a question had he used a question mark to complete the sentence, but the structure is all there otherwise. I'm guessing the mistake doesn't happen often enough for everyone to know how Johnone will decide to do with it, because everyone ignored this and instead continued to bash OP. What's interesting is that John complains that there are 5 pages of useless here; yet that five pages is only people bashing the OP or anyone that tries to make it a positive atmosphere.

Really at the end of the day, the forum is supposed to be for people to have an access to sources of information. However the only information you will get by putting a public note about a problem here is that you will not get information. If you ask for others experience you will just get flamed. It really makes me wonder why Johnone has the section set in a way that even allows users to start their own threads here at all. Seems to me turning that off would solve a lot of the issues he's got with these threads.

That's what I love about this site. Always good for a laugh.