Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Archangel SKS video installation

Uh oh, Pins? Replacement Spring bag? Hmmmmm.... no such thing in the package I received last week. I just double checked the packaging and the box my stock and wartak rail came in, but there's definitely nothing there! What all am I missing, and how can I get it ? I was planning on building mine this weekend, had a fresh SKS coming out of cosmoline this week just for it!

pin was tough but after that was smooth sailing. (tried 3 sks till one was easy) my magwedge kind of prevented the kit from snapping in easy. but all it took was some little filing to make it fit more snug and snap together.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by robandkara View Post
    Uh oh, Pins? Replacement Spring bag? Hmmmmm.... no such thing in the package I received last week. I just double checked the packaging and the box my stock and wartak rail came in, but there's definitely nothing there! What all am I missing, and how can I get it ? I was planning on building mine this weekend, had a fresh SKS coming out of cosmoline this week just for it!
    They are in two plastic ziploc baggies inside the plastic container holding the stock. The bag containing the spring fell out when I removed the stock from the plastic, but didn't know about the pins until I watched the video. The bag containing the two pins was scotch taped the back side of the cardboard in the stock packaging. It was easy to miss on the white back ground.

CGN Regular
    Just completed my installation on my Norinco SKS. The new hand guard pin went in nicely and only required flattening with a punch. The new gas tube setup went back in with out modification but is considerably tighter. Followed the soft mallet video example to lock the trigger group as it was a very tight fit also. Both my new Promag 5 and 5/30 mags snapped in nicely though. It is a very solid setup and could probably fell trees or bad guys.

Being a tacticool newbie, how can I attach a sling to this stock? The SKS has a built in front sling mount and the original Chinese stock had a side mounted swivel. Do the holes in the rear of the stock take some sort of sling mount insert?

Quote Originally Posted by gunaddict99 View Post
    Being a tacticool newbie, how can I attach a sling to this stock? The SKS has a built in front sling mount and the original Chinese stock had a side mounted swivel. Do the holes in the rear of the stock take some sort of sling mount insert?
    Quick Disconnect (QD) sling swivel: http://www.hical.ca/apps/webstore/products/show/3269524

BB.
    Bolt B'tard

Beat me to it, thanks!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt B'tard View Post
    Quick Disconnect (QD) sling swivel: http://www.hical.ca/apps/webstore/products/show/3269524

BB.
    Thanks for the link

Got mine today, sure is nice... but...

Anyone else have an issue with the front qd mount? I have a single point qd sling in the rear and it works fine, but I tried it on the front mount out of curiosity and the hole is slightly too large for the QD and it falls out. A little odd, no....? Might put a rail there, but anyway.. here's a couple crappy cell phone pics of my setup.

Last edited by arcane303; 01-08-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcane303 View Post
    Got mine today, sure is nice... but...

Anyone else have an issue with the front qd mount? I have a single point qd sling in the rear and it works fine, but I tried it on the front mount out of curiosity and the hole is slightly too large for the QD and it falls out. A little odd, no....? Might put a rail there, but anyway.. here's a couple crappy cell phone pics of my setup.

Looking good!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

We are starting to get low on these kits now, more on backorder, just a heads up.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast