Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: A lightweight carbine length rifle...the Savage Model 10 Scout 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    It is kind of a shame that the low-budget Savage Axis comes in ten different calibers, but not in 7.62x39.
    I agree...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Backpack View Post
    I was lucky enough to find a CZ 527M in 7.62x39 about 6 months ago, it was a 2013 model, and was priced nearly the same as this Savage.
    It's a beauty, no problem shooting surplus ammo. My understanding is the 'M' designates a stronger firing pin specifically designed for military surplus.
    I don't mind cleaning the salts, it's a piece of cake. Add to that a walnut stock and fantastic open sights, and you've got a great little bush gun that I can shoot all day and not break the bank.
    I own one. Can't find anything about "M' designating stronger firing pin?? The 2014 CZ catalogue does say gun is designed to shoot steel case surplus and may have some issues with some American brass cased ammo!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=Back
    Last edited by GUB; 09-02-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: computer glitch

Last edited by Backpack; 09-03-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I own one. Can't find anything about "M' designating stronger firing pin?? The 2014 CZ catalogue does say gun is designed to shoot steel case surplus and may have some issues with some American brass cased ammo!!!
    Sorry, I can't remember where I read this, but it was probably over on the CZ forum. I've heard the 'M' stands for 'Military' firing pin, and also 'Modified ignition system' either way, supposedly made for hard primers on surplus.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678