Thread: No Signature Required (NSR) No-Go policy

BANNED

No Signature Required (NSR) No-Go policy

Henry

is there any flexibility regarding the above, when shipping ammo with CanPar.

As it stands right now, you do not allow NSR on your ammo, but since CanPar will delivery during the day (i.e. when I'm at work, thus not being able to sign for it) I would need to drive 45mins (each way), in traffic, to get to their ONLY depot in Ottawa (yup - only one in Ottawa if you can believe that).

So, I ask, is it possible to have a NSR w/ special instructions on the delivery of ammo w/ CanPar?

Thanks!

I hear you man, I hate picking up from CanPar. They need more depots.
    NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Henry

As it stands right now, you do not allow NSR on your ammo, but since CanPar will delivery during the day (i.e. when I'm at work, thus not being able to sign for it) I would need to drive 45mins (each way), in traffic, to get to their ONLY depot in Ottawa (yup - only one in Ottawa if you can believe that).

So, I ask, is it possible to have a NSR w/ special instructions on the delivery of ammo w/ CanPar?

Thanks!
    Just last week I received my order of 9mm by canpar and they left it on second delivery where I instructed by filling out the door hanger and signing. No issues besides a day of delay. The door hanger had a box for instructions and a signature.

BANNED
    Not my favorite company ...usually have to complete their delivery myself..

You can leave authorization and instructions on your door for the first visit. Download the form from their website and fill it in.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fountainhead View Post
    You can leave authorization and instructions on your door for the first visit. Download the form from their website and fill it in.
    I would most certainly do so (as I've done so with CanPar before), but considering that Henry's website instruction says he will not NSR, it implies that he might instructed CanPar to NOT accept the said door ticket even at the express request of the receiver.

Supporting Dealer Henry Nierychlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Henry

Thanks!
    Unfortunatly Canadian Law says that to receive ammo a person has to sign for it & be over the age of 18.
    Canpar set their policy to not do NSR with ammo or anything I ship anymore. They don't know what is in the parcel. So the No NSR applies to every parcel now.

I can always ship to a friend, relative or your work address. There are no identifying marks on the parcel that shows what is in it.
    Regards, Henry

AKA (Budget Shooter Supply) Click on the Banner at the Top of the Page Also at www.budgetshootersupply.ca

Now Stocking Dillon, Hornady & Lee Presses & Dies !!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I wouldn't even know where the Canpar office is around here. I hope I'm home when they come by.

BANNED
    Are they the only game in town?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Ship it to your workplace (if possible)
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.