Thread: Stag Arms 1R Question

Stag Arms 1R Question

Good day,

Looking to get some clarification on a rifle I purchased over the EE.

It is a Stag Arms 1R, but has some differences that I am seeing between my rifle and ones both on your website, and searching thru Stag's in general.

It's marked 1/9 .223 on the barrel, and .223 Cal on the lower. Everywhere online they are listed as .223 / 5.56 - Is this an older model, or should it be safe to assume it is 5.56 as well?

Also, did Stag ever put commercial buffer tubes on their rifles? It seems like it's a commercial from the explanations online, but everywhere says Stag only uses Milspec?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Good questions. I have a buddy that was based out of Gagetown, he's now in Ontario.

Hi,
    The rifle is 5.56mm, you can also use 223 of course. Stag Arms has never manufactured commercial receiver extensions. It is milspec or it is not original (*).

*Full disclosure. We special ordered 5 rifles from Stag in 2004 with Olive Drab furniture, there were no milspec OD stocks in existence at that time so commercial extensions were required. Stag sourced them for us, so those 5 carbines came with OD furniture and commercial extensions. Other than those, with four digit serial numbers, there are no Stags with commercial receiver extensions.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007

Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    Hi,
    The rifle is 5.56mm, you can also use 223 of course. Stag Arms has never manufactured commercial receiver extensions. It is milspec or it is not original (*).

*Full disclosure. We special ordered 5 rifles from Stag in 2004 with Olive Drab furniture, there were no milspec OD stocks in existence at that time so commercial extensions were required. Stag sourced them for us, so those 5 carbines came with OD furniture and commercial extensions. Other than those, with four digit serial numbers, there are no Stags with commercial receiver extensions.
    Thank you for letting me know. I wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up.

It has black furniture, and I'm pretty sure is the average run of the mill 1R so I am 99.9% sure that the extension would be mil-spec. Sometimes the graphs online can be misguiding when they detail which is which.

Thx again!

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    I have another question arms-east! I bought a stag upper (stripped) and a stag lower (also stripped) from you guys on separate orders. The lockup is not tight, there is a quite noticeable wobble. Is this normal? (most of my ARs lockup totally solid)

* I finished it with a stag LPK, also purchased from you.

-thanks!
    Triple bread rounds for the win

Quote Originally Posted by eatredmeat157 View Post
    I have another question arms-east! I bought a stag upper (stripped) and a stag lower (also stripped) from you guys on separate orders. The lockup is not tight, there is a quite noticeable wobble. Is this normal? (most of my ARs lockup totally solid)

* I finished it with a stag LPK, also purchased from you.

-thanks!
    How much wobble are we talking about here? If it is excessive, I'd have to say not normal at all. Can you email me a smart phone video maybe? info@armseast.com If there is something wrong here we will definitely take care of you.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    Not a crazy amount, but it is not solid. I shoot it and have no problems so I'm not too upset but when I put either of my uppers onto another lower that I have, it is completely solid tight. When I matched the brand for my upper and lower I guess I was expecting that.
    Triple bread rounds for the win