Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Visa Debit

Virtual Visa Debit

Hi John, simple question. Do you guys accept Virtual Visa Debit? Some retailers do, some don't. SFRC for sure doesn't, and since my card was declined by Wolverine twice, I'm assuming their's doesn't, either.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Hi John, simple question. Do you guys accept Virtual Visa Debit? Some retailers do, some don't. SFRC for sure doesn't, and since my card was declined by Wolverine twice, I'm assuming their's doesn't, either.
    Please direct your question to Martina, billing@marstar.ca
    John

And let us know the answer when you find out please.

CGN Regular
    X2 plz
    +WTB: WW2 Stuff: SA garand stock (full wood w/ cartouche). Garand OPROD

CGN Regular
    I think it has to do with the banking system and the banks, as opposed to the merchant. I've tried to use the Visa debit option on my debit card as opposed to my traditional Visa card on a number of websites, and all have been rejected. I was told (and dont quote me on this) that the online merchant system still gets "confused" when trying to process a debit Visa, because a Cdn debit card (with or without Visa) defaults to debit and not credit. Basically you enter your info and the system sees it as debit and not Visa (credit)

However, I've had zero problems using the Visa debit option when buying online from the States.

I am with CIBC and have had no issues using the debit card visa in the US (washington, idaho, and montana) was well was multiple places online. But the online places were all from the US.

Shawn

SFRC told me their bank rejects it because the merchant fee is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthafodder View Post
    I think it has to do with the banking system and the banks, as opposed to the merchant. I've tried to use the Visa debit option on my debit card as opposed to my traditional Visa card on a number of websites, and all have been rejected. I was told (and dont quote me on this) that the online merchant system still gets "confused" when trying to process a debit Visa, because a Cdn debit card (with or without Visa) defaults to debit and not credit. Basically you enter your info and the system sees it as debit and not Visa (credit)

However, I've had zero problems using the Visa debit option when buying online from the States.

Visa Debit in Canada works strictly as Interac debit. When it is run anywhere outside Canada it will process as an actual Visa.

Depending on the merchant services provider (debit/credit processor) it may or may not work. Has nothing to do with fees etc.

Keep in mind that any online transaction involving Visa/MC is a 'card not present' transaction which is more expensive to process for any store.
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    Visa Debit in Canada works strictly as Interac debit. When it is run anywhere outside Canada it will process as an actual Visa.
    Incorrect. Visa Debit is NOT processed by Interac in any circumstances. They are competing products, not 'one and the same' anywhere. Interac has a monopoly on Debit payments in Canada right now, and Visa is trying to change that.

Most merchants 'opt out' of accepting Visa Debit because of the high fees (%) vs Interac (cents/transaction).

I think the bigger question is why not get a credit card? Odds are if you are on here you own firearm(s) which means odds are you have a permanent residence and are over 18....also probably have money to feed your hobby :P

just my 0.02$
    “Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.”
    -- Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast