Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virtual Visa Debit

Just like Bearc, I like to use EMT for the fact it costs the dealer nothing. My buddy (owns a mechanics shop) gets charged a monthly useage fee for having his debit machine. On top of that, if someone pays on Credit (depends on type, MC, Visa, AE, etc) he gets charged typically between 2% and 4% to process the payment. So, in order to keep the lights on and food on the table, those costs are passed on to you. If everyone payed in the way cheapest for the dealer, perhaps they could in turn pass the SAVINGS on too

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    It's a function of the service provider, not the merchant. Unfortunately, it's force upon many of us when our banks issue us a new card without explaining the difference or the ramifications of activating the new Visa Debit card. Not all merchants can accept the new Visa Debit as a form of payment and it's no fault of their own. This should be brought up with your bank and the merchant's service provider. I've written several times to TD Canada. Naturally, thy're of no help and they refuse to issue me the old version of my card.
    Your new card works exactly as it did before in Canada, but you can now also use it freely worldwide where Visa is accepted. It's good old regular Interac while in Canada and only works as Visa Debit outside of Canada. (Source: I work in payment technologies).
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN frequent flyer
    At a POS, sure, but not online. (Source: I've tried several merchants and spoke with TD about it).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123