Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Keltec SU16-FX

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Calgary shooting center has issued recal instructions for theirs.

Purchasers from Wanstalls are standing by for direction.
    I got mine from Shooting Centre. I can't decide if I'm going to send it back to them for refund or send it off to Vault (for who knows how long).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    LOL. I have a collection that would be worth many XCRs.

This Keltec rifle (once the NR thing gets worked out) is a much better deal.
    And I won't need to hire a caddy to carry it for me.

If I want a heavy and clumsy rifle to carry in the bush, I'll get a Tapco SKS.
    I have many XCRs that are worth 10 times your collection!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, why bother compaing XCR with Keltec? They are different firearms which appeal to different type of shooters/collectors etc.
    Yes, XCR is heavy because it is made of all metal parts.
    Keltec is a light because it is made of mostly plastic parts that break easily. So there are trade off for each gun.
    I believe the normal kel tec is a better deal. This special edition of Keltec is almost double the price of the regular black one.
    What?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Someone in Keltec should be fired for this!
    Somebody in government should be fired for bill C68 that made long guns with 16inch barrels restricted. Oh wait, the voters did that in 2006. Now time to revert the stupid law. Like anyone can realistically conceal carry a rifle with 18.5 inch barrel in their pocket or down their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    So, how many children died ?
    Exactly. Adding my sarcasm to yours - A couple of rifles have made it licensed firearms owners that are 1.5 inches shorter than they legally are supposed to be per classification. Oh no - crime wave imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    Somebody in government should be fired for bill C68 that made long guns with 16inch barrels restricted. Oh wait, the voters did that in 2006. Now time to revert the stupid law. Like anyone can realistically conceal carry a rifle with 18.5 inch barrel in their pocket or down their pants.
    To further add to your point, the engineering ingenuity from kel-tec proved an 18.5" barrelled rifle can still be concealed effectively with the Canadian version of the Sub-2000, and now it would be impossible to increase the 18.5" length restriction without tbe amount of unrestricted long guns that are out there.

Meaning the 18.5" arbitrary barrel length restriction is ineffective, ill advised and poorly thought out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Meaning the 18.5" arbitrary barrel length restriction is ineffective, ill advised and poorly thought out.
    At the time of writing the law; most of the cool guns only came with a 16 inch barrel.

The 18.5 inch rule was to separate the cool guns from the non-cool guns.

They never anticipated that manufacturers would just make longer-barreled versions of cool guns.

Expried Business Member
    A resolution to the issue is in progress. At this time, we're going to do what we can to assist the distributor in correcting this issue.

If you purchased online, and your rifle has been delivered, please contact me at my email address for assistance. I will work to get you a return label immediately. The RCMP have been notified nationwide of this issue and you do not require an ATT to mail this back for correction as it is a distribution error and there is a grace period for correction.

If you purchased online, and your rifle has NOT be delivered, please refuse the shipment. This is as easy as ignoring the card that you got in your mailbox; if you go to your post office/PO Box for any reason, you can verbally refuse a shipment from us to have it sent back. It will therefore never be in your possession or responsibility.

If you purchased in store, please contact us by emailing me. I will arrange for a return mailing label for you.

All efforts on this issue are being done to assist the distributor, who is responsible for the issue and a resolution. All further details will be posted as soon as they become available. As you may imagine, they are quite busy with this situation as we speak, and they will be providing further information. In the meantime, please contact us by email to get a return mailing label.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    A resolution to the issue is in progress. At this time, we're going to do what we can to assist the distributor in correcting this issue.

If you purchased online, and your rifle has been delivered, please contact me at my email address for assistance. I will work to get you a return label immediately. The RCMP have been notified nationwide of this issue and you do not require an ATT to mail this back for correction as it is a distribution error and there is a grace period for correction.

If you purchased online, and your rifle has NOT be delivered, please refuse the shipment. This is as easy as ignoring the card that you got in your mailbox; if you go to your post office/PO Box for any reason, you can verbally refuse a shipment from us to have it sent back. It will therefore never be in your possession or responsibility.

If you purchased in store, please contact us by emailing me. I will arrange for a return mailing label for you.

All efforts on this issue are being done to assist the distributor, who is responsible for the issue and a resolution. All further details will be posted as soon as they become available. As you may imagine, they are quite busy with this situation as we speak, and they will be providing further information. In the meantime, please contact us by email to get a return mailing label.

Cheers,
    Daniel
    Does this mean they all have 16" barrels? Or is it worth opening and measuring?

Expried Business Member
    As far as we are aware, and as far as the advisory to us, all rifles are being treated as restricted rifles with no reason to expect otherwise. If you have not received your shipment yet, please refuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    As far as we are aware, and as far as the advisory to us, all rifles are being treated as restricted rifles with no reason to expect otherwise. If you have not received your shipment yet, please refuse it.
    If possible, I would like to know what information, if any, has been provided to the rcmp regarding individual transactions and customers personal details in regards to this issue. Of course, you can only speak on behalf of wanstalls.

But did it go so far as informing rcmp on who actually bought these rifles?

Thanks, I really appreciate your fast responses to this as some customers are still very confused.

A pm would suffice if need be.
    Last edited by cerebral_bore; 01-18-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    If possible, I would like to know what information, if any, has been provided to the rcmp regarding individual transactions and customers personal details in regards to this issue. Of course, you can only speak on behalf of wanstalls.

But did it go so far as informing rcmp on who actually bought these rifles?

Thanks, I really appreciate your fast responses to this as some customers are still very confused.

A pm would suffice if need be.
    I returned mine with another dealer today. It was made sure the rifle 'was not registered to me' upon return and refund, I have no doubt the RCMP has this information.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis