Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illegal possesion of firearms?

You are not in illegal possession of your firearms, your application is in for renewal.
    Ignore you rights..........and they will go away

Good to know eaglesnester... Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    From what I understand, getting collector status is a real pain in the a$$ and includes random inspections. And no, I don't believe you can get both... it's one or the other.
    I tried they said no.

I force them to send the paperwork because I kept asking and wasn't going away they got sick of me and sent it to me. you have to consent for them to search your house they do have to make an appointment with you to do so meaning Is Friday ok? no ok how about Monday? They can't just show up because you might not be home or you might just go I'm busy or on my way to work see ya. It's a pain in the rear for them and you I just wanted both they went no target shooting go away. I collect some guns I shoot others it's as simple as that.

If you refuse the search they can go get a warrant. Its in the paperwork they force you to sign. I simply crossed if off said no thanks beside it then signed it hehe.. They sent it back and said no you have to agree... I said why there is no law that forces you to do that. They just like stupid policy's to much. Its like they can search a business as well and 1 CFO did that then got into a lot of trouble since he wasn't told by the CFO to do that inspection meaning he did it by him self but wasn't told by a supervisor to do it. The problem is allot of this depends on the person you deal with some just push it through other make you jump through hoops and others just want to screw you over.

You sign your charter rights away if you sign the collectors status paperwork. That's the problem with it. Now you have to wonder can you sign your charter rights away or not?
    Last edited by haha49; 01-12-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    I tried they said no.

I force them to send the paperwork because I kept asking and wasn't going away they got sick of me and sent it to me. you have to consent for them to search your house they do have to make an appointment with you to do so meaning Is Friday ok? no ok how about Monday? They can't just show up because you might not be home or you might just go I'm busy or on my way to work see ya. It's a pain in the rear for them and you I just wanted both they went no target shooting go away. I collect some guns I shoot others it's as simple as that.

If you refuse the search they can go get a warrant. Its in the paperwork they force you to sign. I simply crossed if off said no thanks beside it then signed it hehe.. They sent it back and said no you have to agree... I said why there is no law that forces you to do that. They just like stupid policy's to much. Its like they can search a business as well and 1 CFO did that then got into a lot of trouble since he wasn't told by the CFO to do that inspection meaning he did it by him self but wasn't told by a supervisor to do it. The problem is allot of this depends on the person you deal with some just push it through other make you jump through hoops and others just want to screw you over.

You sign your charter rights away if you sign the collectors status paperwork. That's the problem with it. Now you have to wonder can you sign your charter rights away or not?
    Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    Seems to me being a target shooter and collector are not mutually exclusive. Why doesn't everybody just apply for collector status in addition to target shooter? Is that not allowed?
    I have collector pistols and a LTATT and a range membership, The Collectors designation carries it's own set of hurdles and road blocks, IMO it is far easier just to get a membership and an LTATT and enjoy your pistols . YES guys can get a statt and use guest passes but along the same line of thinking you could just fly to the nearest gun rental range and rent too ! before the flames start and I am judged a Fudd anti ... No you shouldn't need a membership !

OP what province are you in? As far as I know and someone, with actual knowledge & not supposition, can correct me if I am wrong.... You only need to belong to a range to transport your retricted firearms, in other words getting an ATT, STATT or LTATT. Purhaps they might even require it to purchase a restricted firearm, but I have never heard of it as being a condition for renewing your license. What if you decide you want to take a hiatus from target shooting? What if you are say a snowbird who goes down south for 6 months and you want to renew your range membership when you get back. There are tonnes of scenarios I can think of as to why you might let your membership lapse. Never when I applied for my RPAL did anyone say I had to join a club or range. When I applied for my LTATT here in BC then I had to show I belonged to a range.

The bottom line is your "brother" needs to clarify with the CFO of your province if the policy is you need a membership to own a gun or to transport it or both... and ask for it in writing
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

Op I just happen to read this thread http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...t-are-her-odds. Now have stumbled on this one. You only have 2 posts in 4 years. Both of which are completely obscure firearm what ifs. Yet are happening to 2 " friend" & " brother" individuals you know. I don't normally go with the tin hat or paranoid crowd but I smell a anti firearm journalist or someone who is up to no good in the firearm community. Do all of us responsible firearm owners a favour and fish elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by ice2152 View Post
    Op I just happen to read this thread http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...t-are-her-odds. Now have stumbled on this one. You only have 2 posts in 4 years. Both of which are completely obscure firearm what ifs. Yet are happening to 2 " friend" & " brother" individuals you know. I don't normally go with the tin hat or paranoid crowd but I smell a anti firearm journalist or someone who is up to no good in the firearm community. Do all of us responsible firearm owners a favour and fish elsewhere!
    Umm how do I reply to this. You are paranoid and kind of trolling my posts, are you not? They are legitimate questions. Do me a favor and quit assuming things.

Next... 2 questions in 4 years (2 within last 24hrs). I don't need to explain myself but I'll give you the luxury. I tried registering with a nickname commonly use online, finding out that it was in use. I then remembered setting it up ages ago so I did a password reset via email. Now I am here asking questions.

So with that being said, please get over yourself. I didn't come here to argue or prove anything to anyone. This is the last time I will do it.

Thank you.

BANNED
    Depends if Thirllseeker lives in quebec we do need to belong to a gun club to be able to have restricted guns. Yes folks only in quebec

I'm in BC kobs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast