Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illegal possesion of firearms?

BANNED
    cool then you dont need to i e-mailed someone here to clear this up and they told me cause of bill 9 we(in quebec) have to belong, just this backward province

Quote Originally Posted by kbont View Post
    You are not in illegal possession of your firearms, your application is in for renewal.
    Whoops! How many stories have we read of the cops showing up, per David Miller in Toronto, to seize firearms even though a renewal had been sent in?
    My assault rifle self-identifies as a flintlock.
    If you want to reduce obesity, banning spoons is pointless.
    If you self-identify by your victimhood, you condemn yourself to remaining a victim.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jongun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    Seems to me being a target shooter and collector are not mutually exclusive. Why doesn't everybody just apply for collector status in addition to target shooter? Is that not allowed?
    Nearly impossible to get collectors status.
    Jonny B Я люблю русские винтовки!
    Firearms to be acquired-#1 Ruger Redhawk in 45 Colt -#2 pretty well anything interesting or Red that catches my eye!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jongun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    I tried they said no.

I force them to send the paperwork because I kept asking and wasn't going away they got sick of me and sent it to me. you have to consent for them to search your house they do have to make an appointment with you to do so meaning Is Friday ok? no ok how about Monday? They can't just show up because you might not be home or you might just go I'm busy or on my way to work see ya. It's a pain in the rear for them and you I just wanted both they went no target shooting go away. I collect some guns I shoot others it's as simple as that.

If you refuse the search they can go get a warrant. Its in the paperwork they force you to sign. I simply crossed if off said no thanks beside it then signed it hehe.. They sent it back and said no you have to agree... I said why there is no law that forces you to do that. They just like stupid policy's to much. Its like they can search a business as well and 1 CFO did that then got into a lot of trouble since he wasn't told by the CFO to do that inspection meaning he did it by him self but wasn't told by a supervisor to do it. The problem is allot of this depends on the person you deal with some just push it through other make you jump through hoops and others just want to screw you over.

You sign your charter rights away if you sign the collectors status paperwork. That's the problem with it. Now you have to wonder can you sign your charter rights away or not?
    In Quebec you don't even need collector status for the SQ to perform random checks on your home. Your RPAL is the only reason they need. It's pretty ridiculous.
    Jonny B Я люблю русские винтовки!
    Firearms to be acquired-#1 Ruger Redhawk in 45 Colt -#2 pretty well anything interesting or Red that catches my eye!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jongun View Post
    In Quebec you don't even need collector status for the SQ to perform random checks on your home. Your RPAL is the only reason they need. It's pretty ridiculous.
    I agree with the ridiculous part but i never heard of any checks in these forums, even with someone with an "arsenal" they need a reason to do so. Even if it's a neighbor telling them that he saw you putting a lot of guns in your trunk, they have to be tipped of something fishy going on.

BANNED
    You join a club, not a range. And it's CPFO policy, only, not a law. In any case, assuming your brother has the RPAL card and proof he sent the renewal form, he's ok. Isn't his fault the civil servants are slow. He still cannot go shooting with his restricted though. I'd be on the phone daily if it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    You join a club, not a range. And it's CPFO policy, only, not a law. In any case, assuming your brother has the RPAL card and proof he sent the renewal form, he's ok. Isn't his fault the civil servants are slow. He still cannot go shooting with his restricted though. I'd be on the phone daily if it was me.
    Yes you're correct, a club. I call our club the range out of habit, although essentially it's both

I just figured in a legal aspect, that technically he is in illegal possession whether it's the CFO's fault or not due to having a invalid licence in his pocket.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Papaclaude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    Yes you're correct, a club. I call our club the range out of habit, although essentially it's both

I just figured in a legal aspect, that technically he is in illegal possession whether it's the CFO's fault or not due to having a invalid licence in his pocket.
    My son doesn't have any restricted's, but a year or so ago, Peel police called him because he hadn't received his renewal yet. A month later, it still hadn't come in, they again called, told him he'd have to store the guns with a PAL owner until the PAL came in. He got it just as he was going to bring them to my place. He's very thankful he lives in Mississauga and not TO!
    It's important to have a good vocabulary. If I had known the difference between the words 'antidote' and 'anecdote,' one of my good friends would still be alive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123