Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illegal possesion of firearms?

Illegal possesion of firearms?

So my brother submitted his rpal renewal 7 months ago and has yet to receive the licence in the mail. He's called numerous times and all they told him the past few months is that the CFO does in fact have the renewal application and there is no problem with it. They kept telling him it's to wait it out since there was a large back log of applications. Last week he called again and finally found out there was a small issue... he didn't submit proof of membership of the approved rage that he uses. Needless to say he can't buy firearms, ammo, go target shooting, etc. since his current license he carries has now expired. So.. right now as it stands, is he in illegal possession of his firearms? He has both restricted/non-restricted guns. I guess he can't even get a ATT to have them brought to me? I have a rpal as well.

Funny no where on my RPAL app did it ask if I belong to a range.
    CCFR Member

Exactly what he said. The only thing I found on the RCMP's website is this:

Target Shooting Practice and Competition

To be authorized to have restricted firearms for target shooting purposes, an individual must provide proof that he or she practices or competes at an approved shooting club or range. For more information about approved shooting clubs and ranges, contact the appropriate provincial or territorial CFO by calling 1-800-731‑4000.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/restr-eng.htm

Interesting... just found a similar thread. Have a look for those interested...

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=134924

CGN Regular
    There is a range local to me that will let non members shoot for a small fee and provide an invitation so you can get a short term att. How would the cfo view this? you can still be a target shooter without being a "member".

News to me ??

If it was easy......everyone would be doing it !!
    Member- CSSA , OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, OFMF

CGN frequent flyer
    Seems to me being a target shooter and collector are not mutually exclusive. Why doesn't everybody just apply for collector status in addition to target shooter? Is that not allowed?

From what I understand, getting collector status is a real pain in the a$$ and includes random inspections. And no, I don't believe you can get both... it's one or the other.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    he didn't submit proof of membership of the approved rage that he uses.
    Until this Bullsh!t gets revoked: plan on submitting your range membership with every form and restricted purchase.

I just wish my MP would take my calls anymore: I think he's sick of me.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    From what I understand, getting collector status is a real pain in the a$$ and includes random inspections. And no, I don't believe you can get both... it's one or the other.
    Not random inspections, the CFO must call and make an appointment with U. The cops can not just show up at random and inspect your firearms for proper storage. If they do show up at random they must have a search warrant.
    If and when U are inspected U can terminate said inspection at any time U feel things are starting to go south.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast