Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What makes an ATRS lower so great?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    IMO they are very over priced when you compare to a Colt LE6920. A lower should not cost that much.

Only benefit I see if you really want to have a "Canadian" made AR that is not complete crap.
    You are comparing mass produce loose spec 6061 with no added features to a custom made hand fit 7075 lower that has many unique features in it. So your comparison would be about the same as comparing a Kia to a Bentley, both will get you to work most days, but there is a significant difference between the 2.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by MUGEN View Post
    I don't think they charge anything for installing the LPK when you buy their lower. You can ship them your LPK and they will take off the price to $485, I think. Well still not cheap but this is what it cost for non-mass produced product.
    Close but not quite correct. Our lowers are $550.00 PLUS whatever LPK you opt for, be it 1 we sell as an additional item or 1 you supply.
    Right off our website however is why we prefer to install the LPK.
    " If you have a trigger group or LPK you would like to use, we do not charge to install it. With some of the features we have employed and additional parts and fitting required, we want to ensure your Gen 4 lower is functioning flawlessly before it leaves our shop. We are now selling our Gen4 uppers and lowers as a matched set for the tightest possible fit."

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

[QUOTE=Onagoth;9570571 To charge $150 for that is fairly ridiculous[/QUOTE]

You are right it would be ridiculous, however we DON'T

Is mil spec ar lower made of 7075 forging?

Quote Originally Posted by MUGEN View Post
    Is mil spec ar lower made of 7075 forging?
    Some are others are made of 6061
    Ours are all made of billet 7075

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Name one company that uses 6061 in their forgings.

Some machined lowers are made in 6061 (Sundevil and..?) but I can't think of a single company that uses 6061 in a forging. Colt switched to 7075 in '69, 45 years ago. They may have used up existing stock in commercial rifles after that but they haven't had any made since then. Using that as a selling feature is kind of grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    FYI, Bushmaster and Aero Precisions are also 7075.

CGN Regular
    I can't get my head around the fact that they won't sell these lowers stripped!? I'm all for supporting local business but.... If the cost wasn't enough to scare a guy away that "little" fact sure just did. I do think they look like really nice lowers and the ambi part I'm definitely a big fan of. With the other options out there I really think they should reconsider price a little and the only we can build your firearm part. I'd certainly reconsider buying one

Like any other business they know their target customer. It's like the photography business... A good professional photographer will charge 300+ to take your portraits, while walmart and sears may charge nearly 1/8 that price. The walmart customer is NOT the pro photographer's customer. Just like a kimber customer is NoT a norinco 1911 customer.

If you can't afford ATR prices, why complain about it? Move along and buy the many other options out there for cheaper prices.

I don't get it...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by stove08steve View Post
    I can't get my head around the fact that they won't sell these lowers stripped!? I'm all for supporting local business but.... If the cost wasn't enough to scare a guy away that "little" fact sure just did. I do think they look like really nice lowers and the ambi part I'm definitely a big fan of. With the other options out there I really think they should reconsider price a little and the only we can build your firearm part. I'd certainly reconsider buying one
    Im going to make an assumption and answer your question...

Their lowers are made to very tight tolerances and some parts kits probably won't fit without some work. If they shipped out a stripped lower and someone with little to no experience tried to install a kit and it didn't fit, there would be a potential that said person would broadcast that their $500 stripped lower was "out of spec". SO, in an effort to avoid this potential pain in the ass, they insist on installing it for you so that there are no issues.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast