Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What makes an ATRS lower so great?

Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    Like any other business they know their target customer. It's like the photography business... A good professional photographer will charge 300+ to take your portraits, while walmart and sears may charge nearly 1/8 that price. The walmart customer is NOT the pro photographer's customer. Just like a kimber customer is NoT a norinco 1911 customer.

If you can't afford ATR prices, why complain about it? Move along and buy the many other options out there for cheaper prices.

I don't get it...
    A fellow CGNer asked, we chimed in. That's what forums are about.

Quote Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
    Im going to make an assumption and answer your question...

Their lowers are made to very tight tolerances and some parts kits probably won't fit without some work. If they shipped out a stripped lower and someone with little to no experience tried to install a kit and it didn't fit, there would be a potential that said person would broadcast that their $500 stripped lower was "out of spec". SO, in an effort to avoid this potential pain in the ass, they insist on installing it for you so that there are no issues.
    I wonder if taking such tight tolerance affect the compatibility with milspec parts, including swapping uppers and lowers?
    Last edited by t_102; 08-03-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Wow theres a lot of hate going towards ATRS is this thread. I have personally done business with ATRS for the last 5-6 years and have nothing but good things to say about them.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND NEVER FORGET THE FALLEN
    Member of CCFR. ARE YOU!!

CGN Regular
    So if I wanted to swap out say the trigger or safety I'd have to send it back to atrs for them to refit the new parts?

Quote Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
    Im going to make an assumption and answer your question...

Their lowers are made to very tight tolerances and some parts kits probably won't fit without some work. If they shipped out a stripped lower and someone with little to no experience tried to install a kit and it didn't fit, there would be a potential that said person would broadcast that their $500 stripped lower was "out of spec". SO, in an effort to avoid this potential pain in the ass, they insist on installing it for you so that there are no issues.

I'm currently saving up for one as we speak.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stove08steve View Post
    So if I wanted to swap out say the trigger or safety I'd have to send it back to atrs for them to refit the new parts?
    No you wouldn't, the reason I was given as to why they insist on installing the LPK is that to many people were screwing up their LPK's by not installing the safety detent spring and the rear take down pin detent spring properly.
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

What makes an ATRS lower so great?

Quote Originally Posted by 09outlander View Post
    No you wouldn't, the reason I was given as to why they insist on installing the LPK is that to many people were screwing up their LPK's by not installing the safety detent spring and the rear take down pin detent spring properly.
    Are these two parts proprietary or are they standard in all ARs?

I think that the comparison to cars made by ATRS is probably the best argument. I don't wonder why certain cars cost more then others, I assume there are various factors that add up to a price difference. I can't afford a certain make I don't buy it and take my money elsewhere.
    I looked at ATRS ARs when I was in the market for one but knew that I could not afford one. I bought one I could afford it and have been happy with it. For various reasons theirs cost more and so I don't get to have one. I'm sure I'm not the only person to be in that situation. Also, if having to get the lower with the LPK installed is such a big deal then don't buy an ATRS. It's a sale they lose and if they are not concerned about it I don't see why anyone else should be.

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Are these two parts proprietary or are they standard in all ARs?
    They are the standard springs but have to be cut down to a certain length to work, I'm going to assume that the issue was with people cutting them to short.

Quote Originally Posted by 09outlander View Post
    They are the standard springs but have to be cut down to a certain length to work, I'm going to assume that the issue was with people cutting them to short.
    Wouldn't an easy fix to be including shorten springs (I'd paint it for identification purposes) and also sending out free replacements if someone screws up installing LPKs? Shouldn't be that much trouble..unless there's something else.

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Wouldn't an easy fix to be including shorten springs (I'd paint it for identification purposes) and also sending out free replacements if someone screws up installing LPKs? Shouldn't be that much trouble..unless there's something else.
    You would think it would be simple to do, but I guess people were screwing it up. And yes it would be a bad idea to just have ATR just include the cut springs with the lower. And IIRC, I haven't had my ATR lower completely stripped in a while, the safety detent is different, but the install is the same, just a tiny little part is different.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast