Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post
    I have ordered firearms from 3 other "Sponsoring Business Members" and had my items shipped within the next 2 days. Most were one day.
    I do not understand why some CGNers are so willing to throw expectations of service out the window when it comes to firearm related purchases.

Agreed. Though for most parts, it's not hard to get an ITAR item from Brownells now. It'll still come faster than from some of the CGN sponsors!

Finally, to everyone who points to SHOT show, holidays, New Years etc., at minimum there should be a conspicuous notice on the front page of the site, that nothing will ship until "insert date here".
    Exactly Botts. I have not ordered from Marstar but have from a number of CGN sponsors. Very few ship in a timely manner or even provide order updates. It is not overly demanding to expect an item to ship within a couple of business days if it is a stock item and not a restricted firearm. I will continue to purchase from the small number of online retailers who ship in a timely manner (1 to 3 business days) and provide order updates to me. (and that isn't hard, order updates are an automated function with even free e-commerce software). An online firearms business is just that, a business and if operated with poor customer service and shipping times will eventually suffer from competitors willing to provide superior service. I own and operate a non-firearms related online shop and trust me, verify order and payment, print packing slip, put in box, print shipping, drop at shipper or have shipper collect is not some Herculean task. I'm currently abroad in a developing country and am responding to customer inquiries so the Shotshow thing is a poor excuse. If I were to constantly have a 2 week shipping backlog then I have to hire more staff or my customers will go to my competitors.
    It seems a general thing here in Canada to accept and make excuses for terrible customer service from Canadian retailers, firearms or otherwise, and it will only change when we refuse to accept it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I demand Marstar hire another 364 people to ensure that each order that comes in daily is directed to a personal order manager. That Personal Order Manager must not go home that buisness day (or weekend) until all of his/her orders are picked, processed and shipped. They must also write a personal letter thanking the customer for their order, placed in an envelope of gold and seal it with a single kiss.

I demand this service starts immediately... and not raise the price of anything on the site
    (Don't even get me started on 5440fight's valid points )
    The last place I worked at had that policy of not going home until all orders were processed. It worked out pretty good and most times was never a problem to acheive. Not too often that we had to stay a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post
    Looks like Marstar delivered! The OP is selling his Chinese SKS on the EE!!
    Me thinks it was one of those fine package deals John always seems to put up that the OP purchased. In said case, I'm not surprised it took time to ship. If it wasn't, sh*t happens and things takes time. Never had a problem with Marstar or any other site sponsor, for that matter.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    The last place I worked at had that policy of not going home until all orders were processed. It worked out pretty good and most times was never a problem to acheive. Not too often that we had to stay a little longer.
    Was long hours and low wages the reason you are no longer working there?

I ordered a bunch of Mec Gear Beretta mags from them and I was very happy with the service. Maybe I am just used to waiting for Wolverine to order Robinson Armament products, it takes forever... I am aware its RA and not Wolverine but damn it sucks.
    Follow Me As I Visit BC's Many Beautiful Waterfalls.
    https://Facebook.com/BCWaterfalls

Gunnutz def is an eclectic group. I don't understand why so many people will accept poor communication and weak excuses for subpar customer service, but at the same time will be so hard done by that they have to wait 3-6 weeks to have a PAL application processed that they contact their MP. As mentioned, I've bought a lot of stuff through amazon and never disappointed and I've never got reasons such as "too busy" or some other excuse, which may be legitimate, but still doesn't reflect well on their business model.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Hour 1:
    By the time I put down the mouse to place the order, I heard a noise on the porch. I was thrilled, my order was here! Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was Jehovah witnesses trying to save my soul. After scaring them away with offers to come inside and wrestle for a while, I've been sitting by the window for an hour, though it feels like a lifetime. Does Marstar not feel my pain? Do they not realize there is nothing on TV, and no new threads on CGN other than whining? I don't know why they treat me like this.

Hour 2:
    I don't even remember what I ordered, it's been forever. While I have been waiting, the Canadian dollar has fluctuated several times, mostly gaining value. I could have bought more with my dollar, if I had waited, and ordered from someone else. That is probably part of their scam. Currency speculation. I feel anxious and a little used. I would make myself a sandwich to distract myself, but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I thought I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4:
    I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.
    Genius.

Frontier FA's had my order ready to ship upon payment. The only problem was by myself when I didn't fax my range membership for att. They called and I didn't check messages for two days. They would have shipped same day if I wouldn't have screwed myself!! I'm buying my next shotgun from FFA's for sure- even if I pay little more( they're quite reasonable)

Expired Business
    Fortunately we recognized your penname ,your order is leaving tomorrow Friday by UPS Thank you for your support. All orders are filled in the order that they are received . Best

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    In an ideal world we'd all get the best price/service/speed of the likes of Walmart/Costco/Amazon/Billion dollar corps.

In reality firearms are tiny niche markets in Canada that are served by small retail companies.

Kudos to those that compares MarStar services to other CGN sponsors, their direct competitors. Apple to Apple comparisons.

Those doing apple to orange comparison to companies like Walmart with over 2 million employees are out to lunch. Wally sells more in a lunch hour than most do in a year.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.