Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorBeh View Post
    I placed a $1400 order with Marstar on January 3rd. I received a bunch of repetitive 'confirmation' emails which never mentioned anything about shipping times etc.

I didn't hear anything from them so I called in today, 2 weeks later, to be told that my package will be 'rushed' out for shipping on Friday.

Had I known Marstar usually takes this long to process and ship an order I would have taken my business elsewhere.

I hope that this quality of service - or lack thereof, isn't a reflection of their quality of products, however, I can only imagine this is the case.
    I have never dealt with Marstar myself , but it sounds like when you contacted them with your concern , that he agreed to take corrective action as quickly as possiable......we all make mistakes from time to time , but if they were not aware of the problem until you contacted them , how could they make things right.....being a small business owner is not an easy job.....just my two cents worth....Take care

I don't order from marstar often, but when I do I'm happy. they've sourced me a few gadgets I couldn't locate anywhere else, and they showed up perfectly packaged and in a very reasonable time frame.

Some times a customer falls through the cracks, but I doubt that's the case when they rush it out the door for you... even if it's a couple days behind schedule due to a notoriously busy time of year...
    the zombie apocalypse never looked so apealing...

CGN Regular
    i order stuff all the time from multi millon dollar companies and they ship same day if ordered by noon. if it takes a week to ship then that company must do 10's of millions in sales so your puny order dont mean squat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Hour 1:
    By the time I put down the mouse to place the order, I heard a noise on the porch. I was thrilled, my order was here! Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was Jehovah witnesses trying to save my soul. After scaring them away with offers to come inside and wrestle for a while, I've been sitting by the window for an hour, though it feels like a lifetime. Does Marstar not feel my pain? Do they not realize there is nothing on TV, and no new threads on CGN other than whining? I don't know why they treat me like this.

Hour 2:
    I don't even remember what I ordered, it's been forever. While I have been waiting, the Canadian dollar has fluctuated several times, mostly gaining value. I could have bought more with my dollar, if I had waited, and ordered from someone else. That is probably part of their scam. Currency speculation. I feel anxious and a little used. I would make myself a sandwich to distract myself, but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I thought I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4:
    I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.
    Last edited by 5440fight; 01-15-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by riderrick View Post
    i order stuff all the time from multi millon dollar companies and they ship same day if ordered by noon. if it takes a week to ship then that company must do 10's of millions in sales so your puny order dont mean squat
    Order from Amazon, perhaps the world's largest retailer, and you'll likely have your stuff in your mailbox the next day. But perhaps Amazon's not as 'busy' as most of the gun retailers.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Hour 1:
    By the time I put down the mouse to place the order, I heard a noise on the porch. I was thrilled, my order was here! Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was Jehovah witnesses trying to save my soul. After scaring them away with offers to come inside and wrestle for a while, I've been sitting by the window for an hour, though it feels like a lifetime. Does Marstar not feel my pain? Do they not realize there is nothing on TV, and no new threads on CGN other than whining? I don't know why they treat me like this.

Hour 2:
    I don't even remember what I ordered, it's been forever. While I have been waiting, the Canadian dollar has fluctuated several times, mostly gaining value. I could have bought more with my dollar, if I had waited, and ordered from someone else. That is probably part of their scam. Currency speculation. I feel anxious and a little used. I would make myself a sandwich to distract myself, but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I though I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4: I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.
    Did you have a point other than to mock someone? Why don't you and the rest of the pack of feral idiots around here come up with a business reason why it takes 5 days+ to ship a product? And if your only answer is 'busy', then I'll call you an idiot when it comes to business. Because if you're a retailer and your excuse for not shipping promptly is 'busy at Christmas', then you're an idiot who should be chastised publicly. Like, Christmas was a surprise you hadn't planned for?

I've no idea if Marstar is guilty as charged - but the fanboys who insist that ####ty service is acceptable make the business look stupid. Dismissing the OP's valid claim makes you look wrong, it doesn't defend marstar.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    Did you have a point other than to mock someone?
    Why? What difference would it make? Would we all get together and solve this crisis? Could others benefit? It is better to laugh, for laughter is the best medicine. Plus it's ridiculous to be all twisted up over such a short period. Learn some patience, anxiety kills. I waited for six months for an order that never showed, until I finally got a refund from a sponsoring dealer. Did I go all foamy about it here? No, as it turns out, they have much greater personal difficulties than my petty order, and it made me a better person to learn more about tolerance and understanding.

Carry on.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Regular
    Why? What difference would it make? Would we all get together and solve this crisis? Could others benefit? It is better to laugh, for laughter is the best medicine. Plus it's ridiculous to be all twisted up over such a short period. Learn some patience, anxiety kills. I waited for six months for an order that never showed, until I finally got a refund from a sponsoring dealer. Did I go all foamy about it here? No, as it turns out, they have much greater personal difficulties than my petty order, and it made me a better person to learn more about tolerance and understanding.

Carry on.
    Yeah, so, no point then. Just mocking someone. Got it. ####ty service is acceptable in your world. That's fine for union workers. In private business, people take their business elsewhere. And with the internet, we get to read other people's experience with companies. And while you're having a love-in that 6 months is acceptable, me and a bunch of other people have taken our wallets to the competition. And I didn't have to deal with bad service like the OP is talking about. If you don't care, go ahead and deal with people who place no value on your business. Some of us do care, and choose not to do business with companies that don't value the money I've worked hard to spend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Hour 1:

Hour 2:

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I though I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4:
    I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.

This is pure ####ing gold!
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    Hour 1:

Hour 2:

Hour 3:

Hour 4:

This is incredibly funny....well done.
    -CSSA-
    -CCFR-
    -NFA-
    -CPC-