Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    New to ordering online, eh?
    Ordered a $17 part for my screen door from from Lowes on sunday, shipped Monday, at my door Tuesday.
    Ordered a watch from Costco at 4pm. At my house the next day.
    Ordered a baby car seat from Walmart. At my home in 2 business days.

Every order was free shipping.

Online ordering can be efficient. No excuse for retailers to take weeks to get a product to the customer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    Anyone remembers what a SASE is?
    I do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Ive only ordered once from Marstar as well, and have to say that everything went quite smooth and timely. I'd definitely use them again.

BANNED
    you should know Marstar isn't exactly known for their stellar customer service and fast shipping,,,good thing US based companies can't ship to Canada,,because most canadian dealers would have to close their doors,,,sad that it's faster and cheaper to send from the US,,,

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthafodder View Post
    Ordered a $17 part for my screen door from from Lowes on sunday, shipped Monday, at my door Tuesday.
    Ordered a watch from Costco at 4pm. At my house the next day.
    Ordered a baby car seat from Walmart. At my home in 2 business days.

Every order was free shipping.

Online ordering can be efficient. No excuse for retailers to take weeks to get a product to the customer.
    Each retailer is a major corporate outfit, to compare walmart against anything Canadian based is honestly so foolish I really don't know what to say. Walmart will rule the world one day thanks to attitudes like this. Go team slave labour boo team canadian economy right?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blegend View Post
    Each retailer is a major corporate outfit, to compare walmart against anything Canadian based is honestly so foolish I really don't know what to say. Walmart will rule the world one day thanks to attitudes like this. Go team slave labour boo team canadian economy right?
    I have ordered firearms from 3 other "Sponsoring Business Members" and had my items shipped within the next 2 days. Most were one day.
    I do not understand why some CGNers are so willing to throw expectations of service out the window when it comes to firearm related purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    you should know Marstar isn't exactly known for their stellar customer service and fast shipping,,,good thing US based companies can't ship to Canada,,because most canadian dealers would have to close their doors,,,sad that it's faster and cheaper to send from the US,,,
    Agreed. Though for most parts, it's not hard to get an ITAR item from Brownells now. It'll still come faster than from some of the CGN sponsors!

Finally, to everyone who points to SHOT show, holidays, New Years etc., at minimum there should be a conspicuous notice on the front page of the site, that nothing will ship until "insert date here".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 01-18-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Although I'm not speaking to this situation necessarly as the retailer hasn't has a chance to respond as he is at shot.

BUT for all the people in this thread and many like it trying to compare Canadian gun retailers to companies such as Walmart, Costco, home depo etc... Are you nuts? How does someone justify the irrational thought that Canadian gun stores should be compared to a multi BILLION dollar corporation? You guys need to get your heads outta your arses and realize that these privately owned stores are dumping 10s if not 100s of thousands of dollars of Capital into online expansion, staffing and product due to the industry exploding almost over night (comparitvley speaking) and people are demanding (not requesting) levels of service that lends itself to having thousands of minimum wage employees, overseas factory's, your own trucking fleets, teams over overseers and god knows what else? Good lord people have some patients and put things into perspective here, you are dealing in a hobby market in Canada not a billion dollar empire that sells everything from lettuce to motor oil and life insurence.

All I could hear was this voice as I read this. Winner.

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Hour 1:
    By the time I put down the mouse to place the order, I heard a noise on the porch. I was thrilled, my order was here! Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was Jehovah witnesses trying to save my soul. After scaring them away with offers to come inside and wrestle for a while, I've been sitting by the window for an hour, though it feels like a lifetime. Does Marstar not feel my pain? Do they not realize there is nothing on TV, and no new threads on CGN other than whining? I don't know why they treat me like this.

Hour 2:
    I don't even remember what I ordered, it's been forever. While I have been waiting, the Canadian dollar has fluctuated several times, mostly gaining value. I could have bought more with my dollar, if I had waited, and ordered from someone else. That is probably part of their scam. Currency speculation. I feel anxious and a little used. I would make myself a sandwich to distract myself, but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I thought I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4:
    I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.