Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post
    I have ordered firearms from 3 other "Sponsoring Business Members" and had my items shipped within the next 2 days. Most were one day.
    I do not understand why some CGNers are so willing to throw expectations of service out the window when it comes to firearm related purchases..
    Not saying that Marstar is the model to follow but it's just the idea that Walmart is the way to go is a little sad. Most gun stores in Canada, expesially specialty shops like Marstar are more in the boutique catagory instead of big box store. Just be aware of who you're ordering from, Marstar has a reputation for not being the fastest of shippers. Don't cry if you refuse to do your homework.

I read through eight pages of posts looking for the bolded font and irregular spacing of John's reply, and find nothing. Oh well.

I'll admit to being an extremely impatient person- if I find something I want, I will have wanted it yesterday. I've specifically ordered from retailers nearby over others that were cheaper but farther so I would get it faster. That being said, I've ordered things from across the country that have arrived at my front door in three days. Are we so unaware of how amazing that is??? It literally took Lewis and Clark years. Now, I sit at my desk, type and click, and in days I waddle my arse to the door and there's a gun, or 1400 rounds of ammo, or whatever.

This seems to be an extreme example, but holy ****, be patient!

I demand Marstar hire another 364 people to ensure that each order that comes in daily is directed to a personal order manager. That Personal Order Manager must not go home that buisness day (or weekend) until all of his/her orders are picked, processed and shipped. They must also write a personal letter thanking the customer for their order, placed in an envelope of gold and seal it with a single kiss.

I demand this service starts immediately... and not raise the price of anything on the site
    (Don't even get me started on 5440fight's valid points )

As I've said before, John should personally deliver all items in a T-34.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I demand Marstar hire another 364 people to ensure that each order that comes in daily is directed to a personal order manager. That Personal Order Manager must not go home that buisness day (or weekend) until all of his/her orders are picked, processed and shipped. They must also write a personal letter thanking the customer for their order, placed in an envelope of gold and seal it with a single kiss.

I demand this service starts immediately... and not raise the price of anything on the site
    (Don't even get me started on 5440fight's valid points )

Op your expectations are a bit high given the time of year, sales they have going on and other factors.... it sucks to wait but that's the reality of retail this time of year.... suck it up :D
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

CGN frequent flyer
    If someone orders an item online from any store, it is a reasonable expectation that within a business day or two, the store in question would at the very least provide an estimate as to when the items were to ship. I can deal with waiting for an item. But if I pay someone over a thousand dollars like the OP did and I have to get in touch with them two weeks later to see what the heck is going on as far as shipping is concerned, then the retailer has dropped the ball. If marstar were anticipating a delay in shipping, they should have just updated the OP. The breakdown here seems to be in communication, and the ball was in marstars court. They took the OP's money; they should be letting him know when to expect his item(s).

I certainly don't expect small businesses to be the same as amazon. That said, they should not get a free pass to give poor service and feedback simply because they are a small business or because they are good people, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickosuave View Post
    Marstar is not the type of retailer to give hugs to the needy.
    What they are, is solid retailer that has been around longer than most in this country and have served the shooting community very well during their tenure.

I never post in these rant threads, but I couldn't agree more with this comment.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Hour 1:
    By the time I put down the mouse to place the order, I heard a noise on the porch. I was thrilled, my order was here! Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was Jehovah witnesses trying to save my soul. After scaring them away with offers to come inside and wrestle for a while, I've been sitting by the window for an hour, though it feels like a lifetime. Does Marstar not feel my pain? Do they not realize there is nothing on TV, and no new threads on CGN other than whining? I don't know why they treat me like this.

Hour 2:
    I don't even remember what I ordered, it's been forever. While I have been waiting, the Canadian dollar has fluctuated several times, mostly gaining value. I could have bought more with my dollar, if I had waited, and ordered from someone else. That is probably part of their scam. Currency speculation. I feel anxious and a little used. I would make myself a sandwich to distract myself, but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hour 3:
    Still nothing!!!! I don't think this is even legal. I should call VISA and tell them about this fraud. It probably has been going on for years, and I might be the only one brave enough to speak up. I have written a letter to the Prime Minister, and will fax it as soon as I can find his home office fax number. I can't believe this could happen in Canada, after what we fought for in two world wars!!! I thought I saw a delivery truck, but it turns out the people up the street are moving. Good riddance, when I went up to tell them about my troubles, they took no interest, and didn't even put down the couch.

Hour 4:
    I feel listless, and ambivalent about life in general. The birds have vanished, and it feels colder. Seasons show signs of change, but still no Marstar order. The only thing keeping me going, is the fire of hate inside me, for Marstar, the internet, the people of Ontario, and Greeks. The moving people up the street were Greek. Marstar is probably a Greek company, and that's why they didn't care. They all stick together.
    I cried xD

◄ ® ☼ ¿
    Last edited by SKYNET; 01-21-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Nonsense Thread