Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlueMan View Post
    You believe your business benefits from losing customers! And your competition loses by gaining them! Were you dropped as a child?

Curious us as to why all 11 of your posts are Marstar bashing......

have you anything else to contribute!
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

I find that hard to believe as you appear to have time to follow and post in pointless threads!

Yep, when you don't have to work at being good at your profession, you are afforded free time to do with what you want.

And you you can buy a #### ton of guns....

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1of38 View Post
    Yes, I benefit greatly from losing the type of customers I referred to above. Your generalizations are thinly veiled and poorly placed.

Customers are welcome to buy wherever they want, just as I am welcome to choose who I take as customers.
    My generalizations are perfectly placed and I made no attempted to hide them. Your overt arrogance and disregard for your customers (good or bad) suggest that you have no respect for them. Sorry to break your bubble but you are not doing them a favor by selling them your product or service. They are supporting you by buying that service or product. And you lose when they shop elsewhere.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    What was the issue ??
    John
    The entire buying experience felt as though I was inconveniencing every person involved with the purchase.

I have training and experience from working in a call center, that makes me feel as though I have a good phone presence. I do not feel I am a customer that is overly difficult to deal with, I try not to waste anyone's time. I didn't appreciate being treated like a waste of time, especially for what was an expensive purchase for me.

I commend the way you're handling this thread, considering the disappointing show from some other CGN'ers.

BANNED
    My generalizations are perfectly placed and I made no attempted to hide them. Your overt arrogance and disregard for your customers (good or bad) suggest that you have no respect for them. Sorry to break your bubble but you are not doing them a favor by selling them your product or service. They are supporting you by buying that service or product. And you lose when they shop elsewhere.
    I remember a saying from someone I worked for, but not very long.

"The Customer gets what they're given, and that isn't very f****** much."

I do agree with shooter however, that there are customers that are a waste of your time. The whole purpose of being in business is to make money, if the customer wastes an hour of your time then buys a $20 part, you lost money. The first time however, the potential customer deserves the benifit of the doubt until they actually start wasting your time.

If you're near or at the top of your industry you'll have more business than you can handle. It becomes necessary to screen your customers. Why would you make a good customer wait so you can lose money on a bad customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1of38 View Post
    Curious us as to why all 11 of your posts are Marstar bashing......

have you anything else to contribute!
    The original post was a reaction to John’s rude responses. Then I was shocked when I found out that he has support for that behavior. Now it’s like watching a train wreck. Just can’t look away.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post
    I remember a saying from someone I worked for, but not very long.

"The Customer gets what they're given, and that isn't very f****** much."

I do agree with shooter however, that there are customers that are a waste of your time. The whole purpose of being in business is to make money, if the customer wastes an hour of your time then buys a $20 part, you lost money. The first time however, the potential customer deserves the benifit of the doubt until they actually start wasting your time.

If you're near or at the top of your industry you'll have more business than you can handle. It becomes necessary to screen your customers. Why would you make a good customer wait so you can lose money on a bad customer?

Navy, I bet you are very good in your profession/industry. You understand some fundamental rules of business.

1. Provide a great product and/or service
    2. Do it better than anyone else in your industry
    3. Charge accordingly and don't apologize for it
    4. Never do for free what you should get paid for.
    5. Do exactly what you say you're going to do, always.

Follow those points and you'll have more business than you'll know what to do with, you'll turn away more dollars in business than inferior companies will do in a fiscal year and realize more profit doing it.

All clients I meet meet for the first time are treated equal, however I can tell 10 minutes in if I'm going to do business with them.

I've dealt with just about every dealer on CGN, Marstar is one of the good ones.

The fact that Marstar was back logged filling orders using quality staff is a great thing, a testament to the volume of business they do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    First, I can tell you without a doubt that there are a lot of customers who are completely worth giving to the competition: the complete morons who will milk your time into such a loss it is stupid to deal with them, the fools who want such a deal they will debate with you for hours over a penny for the bragging rights of the deal. I have been there: watched companies literally die and have to tell their employees with a pregnant wife and three kids to find another job because of all the business they "stole" from the "jerk" across the street, while the "jerk" across the street left his business in the hands of his excellent employees while he went on a vacation, a huge bank roll in hand...

Second, yes, we are in such a dire need in Canada for good, profitable and still cheap, firearms/sporting goods retailers that we can afford to wait a few days/weeks. When a local CGN sponsor told me they were sold out but could call me when the next order came, an order made but no clue when it would actually come; I did not get pissed off and get mad. I simply thanked the salesman for honesty and integrity and gave them my phone number. We need every retailer that we can, and from the places I have been in 7 provinces I cannot say that Marstar was the best or worst: they are what they are (in the 90-95% mark for me). They are a hard working company trying to keep everyone who want to buy supplied with what they can get for you: the same people who take your calls likely take supplier's calls, shipper's calls, government calls, CFO calls, John's calls, family calls, movie prop calls, collector's calls, reinactor's calls, and maybe if you give them time to breathe a call of nature once or twice a day.

Lastly, and specifically @ johnone: As much as your competition can't afford to "go under" from you sending them any idiot buyers, for what it is worth, when those idiots go elsewhere you still have my support. I bought a Pedersolli percussion blackpowder rifle as a gift for my mom a few years back: I believe it was a Friday phone order that shipped the following Thursday and I received it the following Thursday after, so 9 days of shipping and handling. That of course was NOT after Christmas and before Shot Show. So John, all I can say is Thank You.

Patience, I have noticed, is getting as hard to find as Common Sense....
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post

(Not exactly taking sides, but...)

This is so true. Time is money. So many people don't get that. If a client eats up my time, reducing my hourly rate and taking away from remunerative work that I can do for other clients, then pain-in-the-butt-waste-my-time-and-money client gets fired.
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 01-24-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer Wired leader's Avatar
    The original post was a reaction to John’s rude responses. Then I was shocked when I found out that he has support for that behavior. Now it’s like watching a train wreck. Just can’t look away.
    This must be your first Marstar thread.

You either Love him or Hate him!

If nothing else, they are entertaining...