Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 16" Kel-Tec Su16fx unregistered restricted rifles sold by P&D by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by banditos View Post
    How on earth could restricted firearms go out to the dealers without some type of documentation stating they were restricted??????
    American or any other non Canadian manufacturer of firearms just builds and ships the guns to Canada under the requested specs. Sometimes they mess up at the factory or even substitute a part without realizing the problems that result in Canada. This happens far more often than most people realize as we (dealers and distributers) don't go out of our way to publicly give this info out as we are trying to fly under the radar as much as possible. Dianne and I just went for supper last night with the Australian distributer for Leupold, Savage, Glock, HS Precision, Ruger, ATK among others. He advised that their government inspects every single box of every firearm imported into the country before handing it off to them to confirm compliance with Australian law. This obviously adds to the time lag and expense of bringing guns into their country and then handed down to the consumer. We (Canada) seldom have our gun boxes opened by Canada customs or any other agency other that occasional spot inspections. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

CGN frequent flyer cerebral_bore's Avatar
    How long is this grace period?

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    American or any other non Canadian manufacturer of firearms just builds and ships the guns to Canada under the requested specs. Sometimes they mess up at the factory or even substitute a part without realizing the problems that result in Canada. This happens far more often than most people realize as we (dealers and distributers) don't go out of our way to publicly give this info out as we are trying to fly under the radar as much as possible. Dianne and I just went for supper last night with the Australian distributer for Leupold, Savage, Glock, HS Precision, Ruger, ATK among others. He advised that their government inspects every single box of every firearm imported into the country before handing it off to them to confirm compliance with Australian law. This obviously adds to the time lag and expense of bringing guns into their country and then handed down to the consumer. We (Canada) seldom have our gun boxes opened by Canada customs or any other agency other that occasional spot inspections. Phil.
    I learned something new today. Thanks Phil and Dianne.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

Things happen. As long as it's a quick process to get this resolved and rifles back in consumers hands. I bought mine from them before they even unboxed them.

Did any of these rifles jump up and bite the owner while the rifle was unregistered?

Besides a massive, colossal headache for everyone involved, a gun control boner for some bureaucrat in a cubicle somewhere, a couple of grams of weight, and maybe 100 fps, IS ANYTHING ELSE REALLY DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS RIFLE?

These are all of my questions as of this time.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -- George Orwell

Any news on what's happening? Vault says I can do a full refund, or proper 18.5" rifles are coming, and can do an over the counter swap? Or send it back?

CGN Regular
    The info I got from my dealer was that I could return it to them for a full refund, or ship it to Vault for a barrel replacement (and they would pick up the shipping cost for that).

Did vault say how long that would take?

Most dealers are paying for shipping, and doing full refunds if the customer wants one.
    Just waiting for a time frame of either new rifles coming in, or how long getting new 18.5 barrel out in would take. (Vault says they are being sent back to kel tec to be swapped out) Not interested in waiting months to get my rifle back.

CGN Regular
    I spoke with Vault today and they stated it about be 60 days. They'll also have to do some work on the receiver as the bolt is a bit tight and I can't pull the spring tube though the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mishchenko View Post
    I spoke with Vault today and they stated it about be 60 days. They'll also have to do some work on the receiver as the bolt is a bit tight and I can't pull the spring tube though the receiver.
    yea, a friend of mine had the same issue with his. Bolt was very tight near the back end,when manually pulling it back.

Mine was smooth as butter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast