Thread: General Questions

General Questions

Hey guys,

So after being to the States with my rifle (coyote .260rem) a couple of questions came up.

1. why the spiral fluting (other than looking nice) and the step down barrel contour. Is it just to make it light, or something else?
    2. why the two different types of muzzle brakes? I have one on my T-wolf that is single hex screw for tightness, yet the one on my coyote is more the fat tactical gill type with dual screws?

BTW, the shooters in the States drool over the rifle Nice point of National Pride.

Been wondering for awhile, just never got around to asking the questions. Any other PGW customers know?
    Yep, it's like that.....

The spiral fluting does a few things...primary advantage is weight savings over a straight fluted barrel as the actual length of flute is considerably longer in a helical pattern over the same distance as a straight flute meaning that it results in more weight being removed. Some feel they cool quicker...I do not have any data to back this up however. The step down is for suppressor mounting.

We changed our brake design some time ago.

Ross

Way cool about the spiral fluting and the step down for a suppressor. So, is the 3/4x20 proprietary? As in only fits your suppressor system, or is the 3/4x20 a common suppressor type thread?
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    Way cool about the spiral fluting and the step down for a suppressor. So, is the 3/4x20 proprietary? As in only fits your suppressor system, or is the 3/4x20 a common suppressor type thread?
    Ah the sound of crickets......
    Yep, it's like that.....