Thread: Flat rate shipping

CGN Regular

Flat rate shipping

I was wondering if you looked into what it would take to get flat rate or free shipping on all your orders. Or if it would even be feasible. It would be nice to have when ordering.
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

Expired Business Member
    We're working on bringing some better options this year, for sure - I know a lot of people would like to see it. In the meantime, you're very welcome to PM me with your postal code and I can check rates to bring you the best option.

CGN frequent flyer
    The problem with flat rate shipping then becomes everyone pays. Just look at places that offer "free shipping"- nothing is free. Hopefully that's not what is meant by better options.

I agree with hamermill. I like Ammosupply's current system, it allows you to know exactly what your shipping costs will be. It was one of the reasons I started buying from Kate; it keeps the costs transparent. Besides, I found shipping to be very reasonable.

Expired Business Member
    Thanks for the feedback - keeping the shipping costs transparent certainly makes overall cost cheaper for those in proximity and in urban locations. Where free shipping options exist, you can be sure there is plenty of padding in the price to ensure that costs are covered. We'd consider have free-shipping special events, or flat rate events, but heavy, cheap ammo like 12ga target loads are expensive to ship and therefore unprofitable. It's a tough line to walk!

hopefully something workable can happen - $300 shipping for $450 in product definitely prevents me from putting in an order!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet maniac View Post
    hopefully something workable can happen - $300 shipping for $450 in product definitely prevents me from putting in an order!
    No doubt! Feel free to PM us with your postal code and we'll see if we can help out with the shipping at all. Cheap, heavy items like target loads will always cost a lot to ship for their price, and if you're not in an urban location it hikes up the price even more.