Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Great experience with Calgary Shooting Center!

To keep the Wife happy I personally like to just trade up????????? I pick up a cheap rifle like a $150.00 milsurp. She doesn't mind me spending that amount for the entertainment value. Eventually that cheap milsurp gets traded up for a Marlin lever with a Leupold scope or something like that. One for one and maybe a little dollar value added. If you know what I mean?

She is a sweet gal. I am glad she puts up with me.

Great experience with Calgary Shooting Center!

I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know the great experience I had with these guys. They were extremely friendly, prompt to reply to my e-mails and the K31 I received was fantastic! Outside of all these things, they packed my rifle EXTREMELY well. Seriously, I don't think the clumsiest post man could have damaged my rifle the way they wrapped it. In all, I would HIGHLY recommend dealing with these guys!
    Thanks for the great service guys,
    -KIRBY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    I was pretty happy with my recent purchase as well. Only a little bit ticked when I asked about extra mags and was told there was none. Then finding out later they had some but were now sold. Don't think the guy actually "checked" for me.

CGN Regular
    I've dealt with James before. He was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    I was pretty happy with my recent purchase as well. Only a little bit ticked when I asked about extra mags and was told there was none. Then finding out later they had some but were now sold. Don't think the guy actually "checked" for me.
    Don't feel to bad about the mags. When they called me back and said they had three mags in stock, I was too excited and bought them before I knew to ask what kind of mags are they. They sold me P99 mags for $70 each when I ordered PPQ mags. They do work and the are identical in size, but the finish is different and the base plate says P99 instead of PPQ. And other retailers were selling P99 mags for $39 each.

So, at least the guy that told you they didn't have PPQ mags in stock was actually correct. I'm a little ticked as well, but I still like the Shooting Centre and would rather shop there than the other gun store in Calgary.
    Last edited by Sarge_DL; 01-20-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

Membership Purchased

Came in to the range today with a friend and shot some rentals, met Sterling who was great to talk to and decided to bite the bullet and grab a membership

Thanks!
    Get someone you know to buy a restricted firearm

Thumbs up Thanks!

Just placed my first order with you guys, over the phone.
    Everyone was friendly, it was quick and easy, all my questions got answered,
    Couldn't ask for more!
    Thanks!!

PROPS for CSC

I recently finished an AR15 build with many parts purchased from CSC. I got lots of help getting the right parts from the guys at the shop including Curtis and Marcus.

Then when I was building the AR one of the kits I got from CSC was missing some screws. I called them, they said "bring it in, we'll replace the screws and deal with the supplier for you". I did and they did, just the way it should be, a vendor that stand behind what they sell.

Thanks CSC!!! I'll be a return customer for a long time!

P.S. here she is (link)...

At Dropbox
    Last edited by HappyPappy; 05-19-2014 at 05:43 PM.

I am new to Calgary (and Canada !!) and took a trip into the Shooting Centre

The guys there were very friendly and helpful and my Father (who was visiting) had about an hours Range time with a couple of rentals and relived the 'Old Days' when we were allowed to have pistols in the UK !!

A great store and when I get my Alberta permit sorted - I'll be back to buy and get a Membership there too !!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Harricook View Post
    I am new to Calgary (and Canada !!) and took a trip into the Shooting Centre

The guys there were very friendly and helpful and my Father (who was visiting) had about an hours Range time with a couple of rentals and relived the 'Old Days' when we were allowed to have pistols in the UK !!

A great store and when I get my Alberta permit sorted - I'll be back to buy and get a Membership there too !!

Cheers
    You can't go wrong. You made the right choice. You won't be disappointed.