Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USA dollar reached 1.10 first time in 5 years

Nooooo not the rpd!

Yes, it is time for the retailers to double the prices of everything because of the lower dollar value (because they have to pay more "whole sale"). Funny how when out dollar crimbed .40 cents there was no appreciable difference in pricing, only profit margin.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------O

Reloaders just want their ammo to go bang, Handloaders want all their rounds through the same hole.

Adam

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    hey....think how much its helping our export economy!
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Business Member
    Don't forget the numbers shown on TV and in the media are the inter bank rates, when we actually transfer funds the banks add their cut.

I just paid a USD invoice the after the bank fees only got .88 cents USD for a CDN dollar.

We currently sell most of our products at the USD MSRP but if the dollar continues to drop to the forecast level of .85 inter bank rate you may see prices at the cash register jump by 15%-20%

I can assure you as a dealer here that the last thing I want to do is increase any prices but at the end of the day we won't remain in business if we don't. I am giving it another week before I make any decisions about pricing but price increases look to be inevitable. I am sure all the dealers are facing the same dilemma right now. To date we have been lucky as we only started in business March 1st last year so this is the 1st measurable variance we have seen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    Better crunch the numbers on that rpd again!
    I can still afford it, can you ;-)
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Close enough to Edmonton for parts and far enough outside the no shooting zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cteve View Post
    I read somewhere the other day that the reason there is always a big price difference is because Canadians have grown accustom to higher prices. how much BS is that! accustom my ass!
    Why would you even use that as an answer.

They have become accustomed to being screwed, I waited for the price of quads to drop but they didn't, I refused to pay a 40% premium over what they were in the US
    but I saw retard after retard buy them with no money down and a couple hundred a month. I bet none of them even knew the interest rate they were paying but hell it was cheep only a couple of hundred a month.
    Why do you think Cabellas and all the other American retailers flooded up here when the dollar hit par. They knew we were to stupid or disciplined to refuse to buy unless we got par pricing.

It's our own fault.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    As one of the few working a decent mfg job, it's a godsend. For me the pros significantly outweigh the cons.
    -last of the middle class blue collars

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Frigging terrible.
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

CGN frequent flyer
    It can very well come down to 1.05 or lower. We will cross the bridge when we get there.

CGN frequent flyer
    All those who are putting CAD down, why not take a direct position in USDCAD cross instead of making predictions on pricing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    Nope. Everything will go up 20% to 25%. And they will stay there. It's all part of the 'you can't win' rule.
    Yes, and for us in the eastern end of the country add another 15% just because!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast