Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 324244454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Chrome and Two Tone Norinco 1911 IN STOCK!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    BPM Did you order those buffalo horn grips from Vietnam? quality? How long for delivery? smooth transaction? How do they feel? All the usual questions? Are you the army guy that went on the canadian warship cruise and picked them up in Vietnam?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    O.K. after a 350 rd. breakin and a complete teardown and clean. 2 tone police model 5.25 lb. + - My Kimber 4.5 lb. + - definetly a better gun then the standard Norc 1911's. Some slight hicups out of my 10 norc mags. But every rd has gone boom. I'm leaving mine completly stock. I don't notice any excessive sharp edges or unusual wear marks.

The grips were made in Thailand and are very good quality, and set me back a little over 120 for the 2 pairs. THey are far nicer in person and I have been very happy with them. I wouldnt recommend dropping them or bashing them or resting them on concrete however if you are caring with them I dont see why they wont last the life of the firearm. They have a fairly thick laquer coating however the grain of them shows through really nice.

it is funny but imagine it comes to a zombie approcalypse and or life or death situation it is non sense to have a lesbaer 1911 vs 6norinco 1911, i rather have 6than 1 as i dont need to reload in fact just throw the gun away after the 7th round lol
    GOING FOR CFA CFP You want your money to make babies? Invest! Give it to professionals like us, We will take care of it and show you how true wealth is built!

These are sweet for $350. Im toying with the idea of picking up the NP29, the Norc 1911 9mm, basically just for ammo availability and price reasons. Anyone have any thoughts on these? On sale for $369 i belive?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikxxx66 View Post
    These are sweet for $350. Im toying with the idea of picking up the NP29, the Norc 1911 9mm, basically just for ammo availability and price reasons. Anyone have any thoughts on these? On sale for $369 i belive?
    A friend just picked one up.. I am waiting to see how it is as I want one too
    Member:CSSA, NFA

Quote Originally Posted by Sikxxx66 View Post
    I have both. The fit and finish on my NP29 is great for a Nork. shoots great about 700 rds not one issue. It keeps me at the range longer

I am also considering a NP-29. Is it possible to get the target sights of the .45ACP models somehow?

Anyone happen to change out the front sight with a hi viz / fibre optic of any kind?

These “chrome” 1911 Norinco’s have a very flat like nickel finish, and yes the finish is not the best, easy to finger print up, but cleans up well enough… but hey… its $350 bucks.. and easy on the wallet.

BIG recommendation
    before racking the slide field strip the gun and clean it, the slid is very gritty like sand paper, even after cleaning it its still gritty.
    before putting it back together polish interior contact points, slide etc
    than oil it up and it will slide much smoother.

Little bit of love goes a long way.
    In the end after 20 min of cleaning and polishing its a good looking, smooth sliding, good shooter for $350. Believe it or not some guys run these in IPSC.
    Last edited by ESP; 07-01-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.