Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Price increases

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    People have to expect that prices will fluctuate with the strength/weakening of the Canadian dollar... They can always try and find it cheaper elsewhere if they are so inclined!

Thanks for the update!
    no when the dollar is low the price are high and when the dollar is high well the price is still high.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    We have received a small number of questions regarding the recent price increases on some of our Chinese imports, namely the JW-25a and the JW-105.
    I would like to take a moment of your time now, rather than have to reply to several individual queries.

Lets take a moment to look at the facts
    There have not been any price increases on these products for at least seven (7) years....

Our customers were not happy in the past with the "Chinese mystery wood" used for the stocks of these rifles, we had that changed at the factory and our current inventory reflects the changeover to hard wood with a nice grain, this costs extra....

The factory increased their prices an average of $50.oo per rifle....

When we signed the order the Canadian dollar was $1.01 against it's US counterpart, when we paid for the shipment it was $0.92cts, a 9% difference....

Over the past 5 years shipping has increased by 70%....

Nobody likes to see increases, we at Marstar know that, we have done our best to hold the line and we made every effort to have our manufacturers share the burden....

I really don't think our increased prices are that much out of line ??

Thank you for your continued support

John

Price increases are understandable.....Thanks for keeping us informed....Take Care.

John, is that 1:12" twist figure correct? I am in no way second guessing you, but 1:12" seems very, very slow for .223.

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    John, is that 1:12" twist figure correct? I am in no way second guessing you, but 1:12" seems very, very slow for .223.
    M16 had 1:14" twist originaly if im not mistaken. Its mainly ment for light varmint bullets 30-55 gr.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123