Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: Overstock Gen4 G17s

I have the 10 rounders as well. I could only get 8 in without the loader. Got all 10 in with the loader. Wasn't easy...

I'm really sad I missed out on this, planning to buy a G17 before the end of the month.

Up to you but Clay will fix it so your mags work. Just ask him to verify the replacements load 10 rounds.
    He's quite helpful and I'm sure will make things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Steijaka View Post
    Not sure if it would change anything since its not just my 3 mags that don't load 10. My friend also took advantage of this deal and all his mags also loads 9 rounds only.
    Some people got the 17rnd mags pinned to 10. Those might fit the 10 rounds. All my mags were only the 10 rounder but should have been called a 9 rounder.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Figured i would throw my update and mini review up, I've had the gun to the range a few times almost 300 rounds through it so far. Functions awesome only had 2 malfunctions, the magazines have been like everyone else the 10th round is almost impossible to get in so I have usually been running 9 most of the time. My only complaint is the slide coating quality scratches easier than a cheap spray paint. Overall extremely impressed with the g17 big thanks to prophet river for the deal

forgot to mention us version

Quote Originally Posted by ZacNap View Post
    Figured i would throw my update and mini review up, I've had the gun to the range a few times almost 300 rounds through it so far. Functions awesome only had 2 malfunctions, the magazines have been like everyone else the 10th round is almost impossible to get in so I have usually been running 9 most of the time. My only complaint is the slide coating quality scratches easier than a cheap spray paint. Overall extremely impressed with the g17 big thanks to prophet river for the deal

forgot to mention us version
    3 malfunctions in 300 rounds I would consider a lot, lol. What exactly happened if you don't mind?(edit: Misread, I see now it was 2 malfunctions)

I got my 17 yesterday from this deal and it is USA made. I was looking forward to an Austria made but in the end if it works the same I don't really care. I'll have mine out to the range this weekend to see how it shoots. Call me crazy but I like this coating better than the older thicker one. Looks more like business. Sure it does suck if the coating gets scratched easier, but part of me thinks glocks and m&p's look better with some wear on them. Mine has a nice feeling trigger as much as I can tell from dry firing, so I'm happy for now.
    Last edited by thekenman; 02-26-2014 at 01:56 PM.

I forgot to mention the malfunctions were mine fault riding my thumb on the slide

That's an operator malfunction; not a gun malfunction.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213