Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Overstock Gen4 G17s

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fufalump View Post
    Got mine in last night. Very excited to take it out to the range. Got 3 10 round mags, and using the supplied glock loader makes short work of loading a full 10 rounds in. Loading them by hand would get tiring, but i doubt i'll go anywhere without the loader.

Very pleased, thanks Prophet River! Also thanks to the receptionist who helped me out with all my questions.
    Is yours made in Austria?
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    Is yours made in Austria?
    We are just looking into this. Seems a few of the G17's on the last batch, are, in fact USA made ones. I'm contacting our distributor in BC to see what is up with having some of each. The first ones we shipped a day or two after the sale were all Austrian, the last few seemed mixed....
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Green Skull View Post
    Just make sure you get the G17's made in Austria. The ones from manufactured in Georgia don't have the same "black" coating on the slide and it isn't as good. they were never supposed to be sold in north america only south america. Some got shipped by accident.
    Mine must be a US made model because the first thing I noticed was the slide didn't look like my other Glocks and there was a small scratch on it. I didn't bother looking where is was made but I will when I get home.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Mine says USA on slide I thought these were Austrian and that is why I bought mine. Were there not issues with US made ones? I would prefer to get what was advertised. The finish is absolutely not the same as my gen3 not smooth at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Weird. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    Weird. I'm sure they will take care of you.
    I've sent an email in to distibutor in BC to see why the last batch has a few USA ones in there. Will let you know what is going on...
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Just got off the phone with the distibutor in BC. Here's what I was told. All Glocks in Canada come through the USA, as Glock USA has the rights to all North America. I was uncertain on whether they came into USA first or straight into Canada; now I know.
    He explained that all new glocks from now on will have the USA markings, the Autrian ones are done. That explains why most of what we sent were Austrian marked (older stock) but the last few had some USA markd ones in there.
    He also said that they are still 'made' in Austria but final assembly is in the USA, thus marked USA and this saves them the duty under NAFTA.
    I will be comparing an Austrian and a USA one here in a bit side by side. Will report in a bit.
    My apologies as this has blind sided me a bit ; all the overstock ones were certainly Austrian marked guns but we sold too many and had to call for more.
    We will certainly refund anybody that is only interested in an Austrian made one. I can't get more acording to distibutor, all ones they have or will get are marked USA.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Huh! Well, that's what I figured; a pretty simple and straight forward explanation. You had stated earlier that you had to get a few more to honour the sale as they went out the door pretty quickly and you had inadvertently run short. So, kudos to you for first honouring the sale price for those who ordered towards the end and again for getting the answer you did. Mine says "Austria" on it, but even if it did say "USA" I wouldn't be concerned. Thanks Clay.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    Mine must be a US made model because the first thing I noticed was the slide didn't look like my other Glocks and there was a small scratch on it. I didn't bother looking where is was made but I will when I get home.
    The finish on mine differs as well in that it is greyer and smoother than on my two Gen3s. However, it's a Glock and I'm betting that it is just as durable as my other two.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

There is a noticeable difference in the slide finish, so if this is the new standard for Glock they might loose some customers. Time will tell how the finish stands up to wear. The slide is more of a grey color than black.
    Last edited by FreedomIsn'tFree; 02-12-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.