Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rusty Wood Trading - Good Dealer Experience

Rusty Wood Trading - Good Dealer Experience

A tip of the hat to RWT. I emailed some questions about their tuned GSG 1911-22 and got a reply a few hours later. A follow up question was answered immediately. Encouraged by this response I ordered the gun last Friday. The transaction was confirmed right away. On Tuesday I received notice that it was shipped and it arrived on Thursday. This was getting off to a good start.

The tuned version features a trigger job and the ZR Tactical upgrade kit - guide rod, spring, plug and barrel alignment cone. It came in a hard case and the stock parts were also included (one look at that original guide rod and you know why stainless steel aftermarket versions are popular.) Overall the GSG looked well made and it looks and feels pretty much like any 1911.

I took it to the range this morning for a try out. The trigger is very nice - just the slightest hint of creep then a clean break at about 3.5 lbs. Way better than any stock GSG trigger I've tried, though they may vary since some people find them acceptable. I tested three different kinds of ammunition - CCI Blazer, CCI Minimags and Federal Auto Match. They all worked fine except for one FTE and one FTF with the Blazer. I tried the FTF round again and it still didn't go off, so it was probably defective.

The biggest surprise was the accuracy. At 15 yards I put 42 of 45 shots in a 2 inch group (standing, two handed.) The other three were close. At 25 yards, 45 of 50 rounds grouped to 4 inches. Again, the other five were still in the black 6 inch target. I found the three-dot sight easy to aim, and I usually have difficulty with iron sights. The rear sight is only drift adjustable for windage and the package includes two extra front blades for elevation adjustment. However, the sights as installed worked just fine and I didn't change anything. I don't know how this compares to a stock GSG but I suspect the alignment cone improves accuracy.

So, this was a very satisfactory dealer experience resulting in a gun that surpassed my expectations. Doesn't get much better than that.
    We shelled the Turks from 9 to 11: and then, being Sunday, had Divine Service.
    Royal Navy report to the Admiralty, Gallipoli,1915

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Barry F's Avatar
    Peter is awesome to deal with. He hooked me up with a new front sight for a Smith & Wesson Revolver when I ordered some oddball brass from him. As I said, great guy to deal with, excellent customer service.
    Your average lib or dipper is so crooked that when they die, the undertaker has to screw them into the ground.-colt45cz75
    CSSA, NFA, WRP, CPC member....Join now!

CGN Regular
    phone them to get 5000 sm pistol primers and was called a pig....never deal there....their loss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jackrabbit000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riderrick View Post
    phone them to get 5000 sm pistol primers and was called a pig....never deal there....their loss
    Is this the way to get new customers? And they are new on the Dealer Network here.

IBTL

I've done a couple of transactions with them and found them very professional and really quick to respond. Maybe just an off day? Happens to everyone. I've even had poor service once when calling in to Reliable, but all the other times I've done transactions with them have been great.

Too many toys, too little time ...

It is a one man operation so I can understand why customer service might be lacking when he is multi tasking or got his hands really busy. But when he is not always been good for me. Plus he has had some interesting consignment pieces. When I get around to it I will also be getting some gunsmithing work.done.
    Canadian Gun Rights:

"That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law." -- English Bill of Rights 1689

Gee I didn't even know there was a market for rusty wood, ya learn somethin' new every day.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except Infantry, Infantry will kill you.

Supporting Dealer Henry Nierychlo's Avatar
    A Vendor should always be nice to customers, he should have been happy with a sale like that.
    I know I would be.
    Regards, Henry

AKA (Budget Shooter Supply) Click on the Banner at the Top of the Page Also at www.budgetshootersupply.ca

Now Stocking Dillon, Hornady & Lee Presses & Dies !!!

BANNED
    Henry your always pleasant..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Barry F's Avatar
    Yes, I am sure you phoned, asked for primers, got called a pig, and that was the gist of it. Or you are full of it and are withholding the other half of the story.
    Your average lib or dipper is so crooked that when they die, the undertaker has to screw them into the ground.-colt45cz75
    CSSA, NFA, WRP, CPC member....Join now!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast