Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Boxing Day shopping experience at Marstar

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    LANUS (Big Mouth)
    Here we go again, no name, no order number, no invoice number, absolutely NO usable information.... Yes I consulted our data base for the name you use, no results.... My crystal ball showed similar results.

First of all we do not send out parcels with the contents sticking out, obviously that shipment went through the Canada Post parcel compactor, same design as the Air Canada luggage destroyer.

Did you sign a damaged shipment notice with Canada Post ?

Did you take Pictures ?

Did you notify us (shipper) by e mail, fax or by phone ?

Of course if you are not satisfied, contact us and we will agree to a FULL refund, that is how we conduct business.... However we can only meet your wishes WHEN we know who you are....

I know we will get 1000000000000 postings saying how we should have , could have, might have served you better.... I agree you are frustrated, we ruined your dinner party, forced you to write a short novel regarding the matter.... HELP US TO HELP YOU.... Talk to us

John
    Haha, i used to work for the evil empire – Air Canada, and yeah, I can totally attest to that. Don’t forget the tossers, nevermind the baggage mulching machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by 358 BLR View Post
    Well, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that the author (OP) is letting the reader experience some of the waiting and wondering and anticipation and disappointment and
    frustration that he experienced in his dealings with said retailer. Judging by the response this thread is getting, I'd say that he has succeeded in doing just that - assuming
    my assumption is correct that is.
    It's been very interesting to see how the various people respond.
    Well, waiting one night versus waiting a whole week are apples and oranges. We’re just waiting for the story to finish. If I placed an order for two rifles and was was watiing for a confirmation, I would have picked up the phone after a few days and asked what was up. I certainly wouldn’t have waited two weeks to brew about it. At the very least, I would have sent an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailgunslinger View Post
    Im glad he posted this on a public forum. It helps me make decisions on who i buy from. If you or anyone else doesnt like it then stfu and get out of the thread. No one forces you to read.If a company shipped anything to me, especially a firearm and after i cancelled and shipped it like garbage i would be irate.
    Now its been 1 day since he posted he obviously has a life outside of this forum and im sure he'll post when hes not so po'd.
    Keep your panties on ladies.

You would actually make a decision based on the OP’s post? Clearly I question your decision making abilities. You let one poison pen post (albiet broken down into several episodes) sway your judgment, completely ignoring the overwhelming number of testimonials in support for Marstar? Not that I would give them much weight because letters/posts of support are generally self serving anyways, but frankly, I don’t think there’s enough here to decide ether way.

If the OP has already gone through Marstar, then he really needs to just post his complaint all at once instead of stringing readers along and letting people jump to conclusions. Maybe wait until all of his thoughts are compiled before posting?

BTW, I’m not a Marstar fanboy as I’ve never bought anything from them.....yet, but the method of posting this sort of complaint really just stirs the pot.
    Last edited by Mister Donut; 01-29-2014 at 02:56 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    what a joke to be continued
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

Thank you for posting. Posts like this inform the consumer how potentially their hard earned products might arrive in the mail. Cheers great to know how products are shipped and customers are treated. Sad how the OP always end up being treated by the fan boys.

I wonder if we have all been a victim of a glorious pot stirring and nothing else. I have had no prob with marstar.

There was no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that rifles were packed improperly, and it was not Canada Post's fault this time.
    I could just imagine that it took at least two guys roaring laughing while forcing that rifle box closed and thinking how clever they were.

I took a few pictures of the parcel, and requested the clerk to return it back to sender.

On my way home, I was thinking about how this parcel will make it back to retailer.

- Will the police be called by misinformed postal clerk?

- Will the parcel be held up at postal facility for further scrutiny?

- As contents of the parcel were now well known to everyone, will someone with ill intentions attempt to steal this firearms?

This weighed upon me for several days, until parcel arrived back to retailer's local postal depot.

Meanwhile, I have called the retailer, and was informed that owner of the business was away at the Shot Show,
    and no resolution could be reached until he returns.

I sent email to administrator, and have had no reply from her. None.

It appeared that they were either stonewalling me, or that this business totally hangs of one single person, and when he is not there, whole place is defunct.

So, to be fair to retailer, I have decided to make this thread once owner was back in the country.
    There was another thread started while he was away, 'First and last dealing with Marstar', and again... I waited until it was dealt with.

It appears that these threads are regular events here, and would like to ask CGN'ers to refrain from unproductive postings.
    Let's keep to the subject of this thread, and appreciate it for what it is.

It is a matter of public service, to let my friends and colleagues in firearms hobby know what is to be expected from this retailer.

This is not the first time I have been burned by them.

I guess besides being disappointed at what is happening right now, I am equally angry at myself for allowing myself to repeat the same mistake.It is absolutely not necessary to accept such substandard level of service, as there are excellent quality retailers on CGN for just a few pennies more.
    Last edited by lanis; 01-30-2014 at 02:19 AM.

I am purchasing from Marstar as we speak
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar

/ to be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    There was no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that rifles were packed improperly, and it was not Canada Post's fault this time.

I could just imagine that it took at least two guys roaring laughing while forcing that rifle box closed and thinking how clever they were.

I took a few pictures of the parcel, and requested the clerk to return it back to sender.

On my way home, I was thinking about how this parcel will make it back to retailer.

- Will the police be called by misinformed postal clerk?

- Will the parcel be held up at postal facility for further scrutiny?

- As contents of the parcel were now well known to everyone, will someone with ill intentions attempt to steal this firearms?

This weighed upon me for several days, until parcel arrived back to retailer's local postal depot.

Meanwhile, I have called the retailer, and was informed that owner of the business was away at the Shot Show, and no resolution can be

reached until he returns.

I sent email to administrator, and have had no reply from her. None.

It appeared that they were either stonewalling me, or that this business totally hangs of one single person, and when he is not there, whole place is defunct.

So, to be fair to retailer, I have decided to make this thread once owner was back in the country.

There was another thread started while he was away, 'First and last dealing with Marstar', and again... I waited until it was dealt with.

It appears that these threads are regular events here, and would like to ask CGN'ers to refrain from unproductive postings.

Let's keep to the subject of this thread, and appreciate it for what it is.

It is a matter of public service, to let my friends and colleagues in firearms hobby know what is to be expected from this retailer.

This is not the first time I have been burned by them.

I guess besides being disappointed at what is happening right now, I am equally angry at myself for allowing myself to repeat the same mistake.

It is absolutely not necessary to accept such substandard level of service, as there are excellent quality retailers on CGN for just a few pennies more.

/to be continued
    Thats it, box arrived damaged so you sent it back. Disappointing ending, no fireworks?

@lanis. sounds to me like your just a whiner looking for some attention. its easy to cry out in here. john from marstar has even posted in YOUR thread looking for information from you to resolve the issue and yet you still continue on with your rant? grow up man. sometimes it can take time to rectify things with retailers. thats life. deal with it and stop being a drama queen with all your WOE IS ME crap.
    Last edited by ezekielz; 01-29-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    To Each His Own....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    /to be continued
    You mean like the series of incomplete postings you've up? Go ahead and share your customer service experience good or bad, but actually write it all down, post it at once so we can know the story. If there are pictures... include them. What is productive about posting riddles and innuendo?

Your message could have been conveyed in about 7 sentences.

"I saw some things I wanted on the Marstar website, and ordered them. After not hearing back for two weeks I decided to cancel my order. I was told it was cancelled, but 2 days later I got an email saying it was being shipped and I was being charged. I was hesitant but allowed this. When I got the delivery notice, I was super excited and I even planned a day around unpacking and enjoying the new pickups. When I went to pick them up they were poorly packaged, which I feel was the fault of Marstar, so I shipped them back. Here are the photos I took."