Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boxing Day shopping experience at Marstar

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by peterp View Post
    Been following this and all of the other Marstar bashing threads. All seems to be a bit surreal at times. Seems strange that all of these posters, most with low post counts, just came out of the woodwork at the same time to bash Marstar. Been dealing with them for years, with no such experiences. I think something smells here.
    A man who sees through the smoke and mirrors.... You have renewed my faith in the human race....
    John

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dead meat View Post
    What no smart comment on the photos showing the poor wrapping.
    At first glance, the wrapping doesn't look to be completely horrible - but as someone who's shipped heavy product in the past, I'll say that they should know better. No matter how you ship your package is going to get thrown. I once had a Canpar driver describe their toronto facility as 'your 300lb tv rolling down 2 stories onto grandma's teacup. The teacup better be packaged to handle that. And wrapping it in cardboard like that isn't sufficient. Paper doesn't have memory, once it's crushed,it's crushed. Packaging should be done with something like peanuts or styrofoam or bubble wrap - something that retains it's shape after being crushed. When I get a gun from another CGN'er and it's wrapped with cardboard, shrug - how would they know? But a store that ships heavy product? They should know this.
    waterwheel

Yeah.

That.

And the three threads bashing Marstar I have seen.

Are all written like this.

Enter.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Expired Business
    SLICKNOVA;
    " I can however understand your frustration."

Thank you, yes I am frustrated, Lanis goes, and on, and on, and still refuses to ID himslef, this entire mess could have been adressed and resolved the very first day.... What would you have done given the lack of even the most basic information ??
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Speckfire's Avatar
    How do we know the package is from Marstar? Where are the label pics? All I see is a box with 2 muzzles sticking out in someone's house.
    Why the effort to do a CGN drama instead of settling the whole thing with Marstar as per John's demand?
    Any customer would have done so at this stage and probably would have gotten a discount on the next purchase too.
    The official CGN عرص

Its NAGANT ffs....not Negant !!!!!!

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by dead meat View Post
    What no smart comment on the photos showing the poor wrapping.
    We still do NOT know who we are dealing with.... What can I say about the photo, yes we see two barrels sticking out of an obviously damaged parcel....
    John

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    We still do NOT know who we are dealing with.... What can I say about the photo, yes we see two barrels sticking out of an obviously damaged parcel....
    John
    If you read his posts it's entirely clear that he's not necessarily looking to resolve it with you. He's looking to make the situation clear to readers, and he's clearly stated that. You're contribution in the thread is entirely incidental to why he's posting, though it certainly does make the thread more entertaining.
    waterwheel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Woke up this morning in great anticipation of the continuing saga of the Two Non-smoking barrels and was not disappointed. Thank you John for pointing out the logistics on your end. Your reply was courteous and fair. Thank you.
    After reading the OP's reply to most of the posts, including mine, I noticed that NONE was addressed to Johnone. John should be the first one he replies to to end this charade. I find that very odd!
    A simple" hi, I'm lanis. I will call you at Marstar this morning between 10 and 2 to discuss this problem" will suffice and with the stuff John has been put through, right or wrong, I'm sure he will be waiting for your call like me waiting for the cable guy! My $0.10 worth, adjusted for the canadian dollar!

I have ordered many rifles from Marstar. Never had an issue of any kind, packaging or otherwise. If I did in fact have an issue I would take John up on his "Ironclad Guarantee". Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    SLICKNOVA;
    " I can however understand your frustration."

Thank you, yes I am frustrated, Lanis goes, and on, and on, and still refuses to ID himslef, this entire mess could have been adressed and resolved the very first day.... What would you have done given the lack of even the most basic information ??
    John
    Sounds like he already tried that and you dropped the ball, a bunch of times. I'll tell you what I wouldn't have done, though...I wouldn't have started my first reply by calling him "big mouth". That's not likely to get healthy communication going. You bring in some cool stuff, often at decent prices, but your customer service/general people skills are ####.